Cars, Bikes & More Cars

He’s doing very well, his car is set up perfectly.

fuck vettel

what a stupid move.

ill pass you … then try and push into your space to keep the best line. Just glad webber held on for a podium.

As the commentators said at the end of the race … webber, while being pissed about the incident, should feel some happiness now he has a 15 pt cushion over vettel … and i dare say RBR will have strict instruction for vettel in that webber is the one that gets precedence of pits etc … although i wish they had a camera in the rbr pit when webber and vettel meet … lol.

still leading the championship … a huge effort so far.

Love that track… pity we saw none of OE racing tactics though of hitting the first 2 apex’s @ turn 8 then heading off road for maximum speed lol. Makes me wanna find my copy of grid again lol

LOL! I was thinking about our Grid days too. Was a lot of fun.

In regards to the incident, I have always publicly shown my hatred of Vettel, or more accurately his spoilt brat attitude. He wouldn’t be so bad if he handled himself better in these accidents, but he always resorts to childish gestures and comments. In a way I’m happy as this places him further away from Mark than he would of been had he of taken 2nd place.

Winning has never come easy to Webber, now that he is in a successful team, he has to put up with a team mate that would rather take them both out rather than lose out to him. Great attitude to have, he could say “I’m sorry” but there’s obviously “no I in Team Vettel”.

Funniest thing is that I commented last time of how Vettel had appeared to of matured, I’m happy to say that I was completely wrong there.

YOU ARE A PETTY LITTLE SHIT!!!

Q. (Michael Schmidt – Auto, Motor und Sport) And Lewis, you were sitting in the first row, how did you see it?

LH: It was great to watch, it was like an action movie in HD or 3D; it was fantastic. It was right ahead of me. No, I got the best view of it obviously but it’s the last thing you want to see and fortunately Sebastian is safe but I just saw Sebastian go up the inside and Mark held his line. I don’t think he really had much room to move to the right and I don’t think there was necessarily a reason for Sebastian to try to move to the right.

Q. (Frederic Ferret – L’Equipe) Mark, what were your thoughts between getting back on the track and the finishing line? And have you thought of Japan 2007, behind the safety car and Lewis? There was something between Vettel and you behind the safety car in Japan.

MW: Ah, Fuji. Yeah, that was different, obviously. That was well-documented at the time. We crashed into each other. No, I didn’t think of Fuji at all. I was obviously thinking, during the last part of the race, how unfortunate it was that both of us made contact.

From the after race press conference.

Christian Horner, Red Bull team principal
“It’s disappointing for the team to have got into that position today. The one thing I always ask the drivers is that, yes, they can race each other, but give each other room, and that’s exactly what didn’t happen. They were too far over on the left, Sebastian got a run on the inside of Mark, but then came across too early. They didn’t give each other room; it’s as simple as that. It was a massively close race between us and the McLarens up until that point. We managed to get ourselves ahead with a better pit-stop and a better strategy for Sebastian and were first and second. Sebastian was a bit happier on the prime tyre than Mark and was looking quicker at that point in the race. He got a run on Mark up the inside and we saw what happened. It’s massively disappointing and the situation shouldn’t have occurred. To give McLaren 28 points on a plate is very frustrating for everyone in the team - especially after so much hard work. We’ve lost a lot of points today with what’s happened. We need to learn from it, so we don’t find ourselves in this position again.”

At least nobody can say that F1 is boring after watching this race. Apart from the first race this season, this has been one of the best for a long time.

i wish the races weren’t so late

im loving it … telecast from 7pm … awesome … except the next race being an early morning time

for once its an advantage being in WA hey az

Well i went and bought me self a moto yesty.

Got a husky WR300 2 smoker :smiley:

Took it for a blat this morning absolutely stoked, does everything i want and more, ive always ridden 2 strokes (havent found a 4stroke i like) i had big expectations. Found myself to gel with it real quick and after only 15mins found myself riding this harder then any other ive ridden.

:yahoo:

Sweet bike Buz, I’m still a fan of 2-strokes also. A 300cc 2-stroke must be bloody quick, scary even.

I was a little confused at first because I was thinking that WRs were 4 strokes, but I was thinking of Yamaha WRs, haha. I only had to look at that massive 2 stroke expansion chamber before I realised.

Looks sweet buz…

yeah mate unbelievable power, leaves 450’s for dead, puts down bout 48hp atw. Plenty of mid torque and a nicely delivered power ban in comparison to the others ive ridden.

Now that ive actually got a speedo too im actually surprised how fast i ride in the dirt but how slow ive always thought ive been goin haha, i just peaked 115kph today with little more revs left in it

I should try riding a bike one day. :stuck_out_tongue:
Some of my friends love them, but I have never really been a fan, what should I start off with? Something slower I reckon.
Maybe one of those little 50cc kids bikes xD

lol a Peewee 50!

Clearly there are plenty of people on here far more qualified to answer your question but I’ll take a stab.

I’ve not ever ridden a road bike so I can’t comment, but I’ve ridden a few 250cc dirt bikes, both were 4 strokes. They were fairly manageable, power wasn’t overwhelming either which is nice for a learner rider. A 2 stroke of the same capacity would eat them for breakfast though.

In any case, bundles of fun!

Honda XR250 i think heady would agree with me in saying that bike is great for learners

right on the money cabby awesome bike to start on.

yeah, make sure its 4 stroke, they say 2 stroke aint the best to learn on, but i cant comment on that as ive only ridden 2 four strokes briefly EVER!

2 strokes are snappy, particularly low cc 2 strokes 80-125cc in particular, 250 mx’ers are also hp bikes. What ive bought is a trail weapon :smiley:

XR250 would be a good start, even a ttr 250 or crf230

Had plenty of mates with TTR250s, they seemed really popular, another had a WR250 which I thought was pretty cool too.

One had a Suzuki DR250 which looked pretty sweet, he could pop huge monos on it, down the entire street, haha. After that he bought a Yamaha XT660 Supermotard, that was wild. I’d never seen anything like it before. Was like a dirt bike with road bike tyres.

I like CRF250s but I’ve read that they have valve problems (very strange to hear of unreliable hondas, haha). They do rev like mad though.

Yeah buz, a mate had a YZ250 which was pretty savage apparently. Supposedly they will eat up a YZ450F which is pretty funny. Guess it’s like the Aprilia RS250, it’s one of the few 250cc bikes out there which you can’t ride on your Ls due to the fact that they will destroy many 4 stroke bikes over twice their capacity.

I am probably not going to go and buy a bike just to start off haha, I may just ride a friends until I am confident enough. With dirt bikes, is it hard to turn? Or is it only road bikes which you have to lean until your knee scrapes the ground lmao! Clearly I have no clue what I am on about with bikes. xD
And with dirt bikes, do you need a license to drive them? :S Or is that only on the road etc