Cars, Bikes & More Cars

You mean a Honda CRF230 like this one? :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 for the xr250 was my first licenced bike(Back in 1992 lol) and was good too learn onā€¦

most places require rego/licence (national park etc) but theres plenty of bike parks around which dont require either.

Yes schpasm thats the crf230, very tame.

Turning on dirt is nothing like the road unless theres heaps of grip, the technique is quite different, tend to slide off road.

I have potentially ruined sex for myself :><:

This can all be blamed on finally testing the Z750 and Street Triple 675 today :(. Although this may seem like a good thing, there are several downsides. While I throw the word orgasmic around quite often (possibly more than I should), the surge of power and the sound of the striple accelerating has set a new benchmark, which in turn relates to the first comment. Iā€™m certain I annoyed several motorists on the highway by dropping down to 60-70, then gunning it up to the 130s, and then repeating this process multiple times. Just cruising and the engine sounds almost whingy, but give it a healthy twist of the wrist and it bitchslaps you for thinking it sounded like a pansy.

One I donā€™t say as often is ā€œbutt-clenchingā€, but it feels appropriate for describing the Z750. This was the first bike I rode today, and my first bike above 250cc. All I could think of for the first 5 minutes was ā€œsweet jesus, where have you been all my life?!ā€. Unfortunately the factory setting for the front suspension is set rather low so it tended to buck a lot more heavily than the striple under stronger breaking. Handling also felt rather different to what Iā€™m used to, although i wouldnā€™t necessarily say it was bad.

Overall Iā€™d say the Triple felt the better bike in terms of handling. I felt like I could get right into the swing of things, while I was more cautious with the Kwaka (although again, nerves mighta played a part in first ride, considering Iā€™d just signed up for a $2500 excess should I stack it). But really, Iā€™d be happy with either machine. Looks wise the triple has a more unique look that initially put me off, but the more Iā€™d checked em out the more appealing itā€™s been. The Z750 on the other hand looks like it wants to tear someoneā€™s face off and seems downright evil when itā€™s black. I loved the look from the start and it prolly initiated my interest in naked machines. Point being, you could hand me the keys to either machine and Iā€™d be over the moon.

Problem is I still want to get a 2nd hand bike, and I just missed an absolute cracker of a deal (went to the dealer as they had a few, but not quite what I was hoping for price wise). Assuming I actually get myself out of my rut and do something about my work, it would mean Iā€™d need to sell this bike in the next 12-24 months. If I was keeping it for the long term Iā€™d get it new, but I donā€™t wanna take the inevitable hit you get with selling almost new machines. So gonna keep the eyes peeled for now, until the desire for power takes a stronger hold and I weaken anyhow :sweat:

Iā€™ve posted em about half a dozen times now, but in my general spammy way here they are again for your sexual gratification (thatā€™s the right wordā€¦ right?)

[CENTER]How YOU doing?
[/CENTER]

[CENTER] Give me your soul![/CENTER]

lol john

Haha, awesome story, I canā€™t imagine the feeling of how quick those machines are, but I can relate to the feeling of getting a chance to drive something considerably quicker than your usual ride for the first time. It wouldnā€™t have the same rawness of quick bike, but it gives you that feeling of being a little kid at Christmas again, well for me it does anyway.

That is a sexy bike, have to say that since Iā€™ve been seeing the naked bikes you have been posting here, as well as the Tasmanian John Warrenā€™s like of naked bikes (I swear you are the same person), I have completely changed my view on them.

So what was deal with getting to ride them, do you just turn up at the showroom, ask to ride the demonstrator, sign the excess notice and then off you go?

sexy beast that thing is

Very nice johnā€¦

i just jizzed in my pants

nice looking bike

have you tryed suzuki b king? naked busa, no thats the shit

damn late f1 race

gp webber! die vettal!

hamilton gets his first pole eh

Yeah, epic weekend of sport. Le Man 24 hours, followed by the F1, followed directly by Australiaā€™s first World Cup match. Got to love having my last two exams 2 days laterā€¦ 2nd night in a row that Iā€™ll be going to bed after 6am.

lol seen on the news that ambrose was heading for his maiden nascar street win ā€¦ turned his engine off under a caution to conserve fuel ā€¦ then couldnt get it started again and droppped to 6th rofl.

poor fool ā€¦ yanks will be tearing strips off him atm hah

Haha, what is it with Australian racing drivers and bad luck? Probably flooded the bloody thing in anticipation of getting back out there, those prehistoric things still use carburettors, lol.

Well Iā€™ve found my next bike! Street legal baby!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Built-Motorcycles-Pro-Street-LightCycle-Tron-Lightcycle-Light-Cycle-Bike-Full-Size-Running-/220627957724?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item335e7377dc#v4-33

Coming up with the scratch might be a tad painful tho!

35k good luck with that

well it looks like ill be getting my evo 9 ā€¦ just not in the way that i wanted to get it :frowning:

Matchbox car?

Is it in cube form? Itā€™s in a cube form, isnā€™t it?

lol no john cheak your pm

Haha, thatā€™s the worst looking bike Iā€™ve ever seen. Itā€™s like Batmanā€™s bike, but on crack.