Show Us your Rigs & General Tech Chat

I might actually get a new mouse soon

i like SS mousepads, i got a SC2 onne, works great

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/imag0041jq.jpg/]

you can see where my wrist rubs against the logo :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got SS headphones and whilst they are not good for anything but gaming, they are built brilliantly. I’d have no qualms buying their mice or keyboards.

Haha, nice GPU Az. I have the exact same model sitting on my bench atm. I actually took my 9600GT out of my HTPC to make way for a shorter 5450 so I could utilise the HDD bays in front of it. Worked fine as a HTPC card though and used to handle LANs well enough.

Actually cheaper than buying 3 x 1TB drives. I would of expected them to be worse value for money initially.

I just got 2 x 2TB drives for $160. WD Green, but good enough for data storage.

Yeah, good price. WD greens are perfect for data storage. I haven’t had one fail me yet either which is nice.

A little bit slow when accessing sometimes. I think they turn off or something if they aren’t used for a while ?

:blink: i just noticed you have a 6990 xtrude … go alright?

and 16gb ram:blink::blink:

i pretty sure they just go into “sleep” mode or something, they spin slower and use less power when idling

Nice a hd6990 what a monster…Might wanna change your storage to TB in your sig…:wink2::wink2:

I don’t actually have the 6990 yet, I ordered it last week, should be here by friday though.

I got 16GB ram because I could, in hindsight, not really worth it . . lol

The price of ram and harddrive atm why not its bloody cheap…Post some benchmark results when you get your Hd6990 should be a sweet card and destroy all games in its path…

Go to the power options in the control panel, then click on the change plan settings link. This will take you to another screen, down the bottom there will be a link to take you to advanced settings again. It is in this screen that you will see Hard drive -> sleep after - > XX minutes. Set this to 0 and they’ll never turn off. You’ll notice that you won’t have to wait for them to spool up. Not sure if this affects their “Intelli-park” or whatever they call it, but I’m fairly sure that my Green drives don’t stop any more. If they are, they are bloody quiet as I can always hear when my samsung drives start.

It’s better for them to run constantly anyway, it causes less wear as the constant stop/starting is what kills mechanical drives. They use bugger all power just spinning slowly too (possibly even less this way as the start up wattage required is far greater than the power needed to just maintain the rpm).

shit i paid the same for my caviar black 2tb

Ramsinks from HK finally arrived. See how they go, still waiting on some small copper sinks for the VRMs, then I’ll pull the other card apart and get them cracking under H20.

If for some reason the VRM sinks don’t hold up to the task, I’m going to hack the stock cooler and utilise that. These cards are not worth anything now anyway, if anything they are a practise run for when I water cool the next set.

Nice nipper they should be fine as long as they get decent airflow through the case fans…:wink2:

Yeah mate, have the big 230mm fan on the side of the HAF taking care of them.

Cant wait to see them in action mate :slight_smile:

Got an ETA on the 6990 . . . Early October . . . How is that even an ETA lol
I just asked for a refund, I’ll wait for the top gun in the 7000 series.

Haha, yeah that’s a big wait.

@Az, yeah me too. Being back on one card feels like I’m missing a testicle. When the last of the heatsinks arrive and I start on the other 260, I’ll probably be running my machine on the 9600GT like you for a day or so. I guess I could pull the 8800 Ultra out of retirement for a bit, lol.