Show Us your Rigs & General Tech Chat

lmao, seems to fit the bill.

anyone ever thought of building a PC with a clear case. Bit glam but are there any known issues? Obviously there would be the need to do a bloody good job on cabling!!!

It’s crossed my mind before but for the reason you have already mentioned (cabling), I have always decided not to. There’s no real issues other than that, a case is a case.

Doing a case like that is for full visual sexiness… and too much of the innards of a pc look shit imo.

I love the idea of the glass top desk showing a pc laid out in it with a hidden back ( like the one posted previously in the thread)

Yeah making it tidy cables etc and keeping it clean from dust would be painful and any lights from fan would drive me crazy

I wouldnt mind one with a hidden black back wall for the cables. The good cable management in the front. Ive heard the plastic attracts dust though and also that you see dust inside before too long.

^^^ This

A glass topped desk with a watercooled PC underneath would be awesome.

I saw one , maybe posted thats really the case laying down under glass. Still if done well can give the same effect. A flat MBO though means more than normal dust so I guess more maintanence…

Yeh chilli ive built a PVC case before and my advise is don’t, there a pain in the arse though I had 4 neons in a sound sensor and all the neon glow cable sleeving. Hard to keep clean, they break at the slightest nudge and the screws are shithouse

yer, probably easier to cut a window in an existing case i suppose

Looking to bling the Sniper up eh Chilli :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the issue I have with it is the grill window faces a wall so I dont get the effect of the blue neon or the shmick cabling I have done. I dont think id hav up the sniper but I have a couple of other cases I might have a crack at.

Ive got to get a custom made desk to fit in the study to support two PC’s. $1K from a cabinet maker so Im on the hunt for some flat pack options.

Part of the build is to ensure I can position the pc so the window faces out.

Dont tell my misses…lol. Im sure she will forgive me when she comes hope to a new study. lol…she sure as hell wont give her permission.

rofl

As to desks, i ended up getting a cheap flat pack 2 yrs ago and still looks as new … nothing fancy but handles the 2 pcs ( and 3rd when piss farting around with one

Similar to this but square edges and slightly bigger (possibly just an older model) and the smaller desk has the draws on the other side so the chair isnt in the corner.
http://www.thefurniturespot.com.au/products/117-mr1500-desk-+-return

Yeah, flat pack all the way, you get to assemble it, more fun.

Otherwise if you can’t find what you’re looking for, crack out the tools and build it yourself like I did with my TV unit. You’d be surprised at how cheaply it can be done if you already have the basic tools.

Some people are retarded carpenters though Nipper!

The RAT has made an insane difference to killing people. Could never play a FPS without one again.

RAT ftw tel :wink2:

Yeah mate, they are a nice looking mouse.

Beware of high GPU power !!!
lol … the 3450 gets hot just web browsing, so i needed a back up at any rate ( and htpc prospect perhaps ) … so grabbed a 9600gt for $20 with some other bits and bobs . BC2 at low details here we come !!!

Some serious gpu power there az…wow im jealous lol…:laugh:

hehe :stuck_out_tongue: like i said to ya, that 3450 can rip it up in cod on low settings and low res @ 3.4fps!!! RAWR!

In sad news, the gtx580 deal is off - full refund etc but he’s just not happy with the noise ( not a watercooler either) . on his 30" flatc chat i dare say they ramp up a bit - but what do you expect from a ref cooler.

No biggy, ill just keep looking :slight_smile: