Show Us your Rigs & General Tech Chat

Gtx580 would be more then enough xtrude…

bad experience with my GTX480 and frostbite games.It probably won’t happen with a 580, but i’m a tad paranoid. . . with BF3 coming along . …

Maybe even a 6870x2

heh … just so you know xtrude, amd and bc2 havent been awesome … and crossfire is just not good fun at all with bc2. While the drivers are catching up … i loathe to think what bf3 will start off like …

disgusting load times / screen flickering/ctds again anyone ???

Yeah totally agree az i’ve had way better stability and no gfx glitches with nvidia in single and sli modes…

Bought ANOTHER HTPC keyboard that arrived today.

The last one was good for a bit, but it was too small to type on reliably. The K400 is big enough to be able to touch type on which is what I need. I got sick of having to look at the keyboard when I was writing something, using your thumbs to type on a palm sized keyboard gets old real fast.

The K400 is the first wireless keyboard that actually manages to work from the range it claims to have. I can stand outside my room and it will still receive my keystrokes, the other two keyboards I’ve used up to this point were a bit hit and miss.

I’ve had horrible experiences with my GTX480 and BC2, MOH, every game using that engine. From BC2 freezes after 5 seconds of gameplay, to Menu PC freezes at the MOH menu (have to restart). I don’t want to get a graphics card that won’t let me play a game as big as BF3. I’m actually stuck between a GTX570 or a 6970 at the moment.

Yeah m8 we know the pain but i’m guessing it was most likely something else eg software giving u grief as i played bc2(and some MOH) with cf 4890’s/hd5870/gtx460 single and sli/ and currently gtx570’s single and sli and had minimal issues etc…But each setup is different and fkn painful in its own way…:laugh:

Wasn’t software, same thing happened when I upgraded everything else and reformatted. I’m just going to keep the 5770 till the 7000 series comes out.

ahh k … well all i know is im gonna be tryin my best to be rid of my card and under one of a selection of nvidia choices by october … by the end of august would be better lol

I’m waiting until I need to change mine. They handled BC2 easily on my tiny 22" screen and they’ll be ok for some time yet at that resolution. Obviously, these are the ramblings of someone having to budget their money carefully. Quite a bit different to how I used to be when I was working full time…

In other news, the sinks I want to use for the VRMs arrived today. They’ll need to be trimmed down a bit, but hopefully should work otherwise it’s back to hacking up the original.

Silverstones new cheapy mid tower

Actually not too bad for $130 - and when i first looked at it i thought the blue highlights were meh, but it doesnt look too bad the more you look at it. Good rival for CM690ii and the lancool K62 imo

Firstly I know you should use 3 monitors of the same size but there was no way my dell 27in was sitting on the side lines…So i bought 2 24in acer mointors to give nvidia surround tech a workout…

Well its kinda cool gaming on 3 monitors my 2 gtx570’s hold about 45fps @5760/1080 on bF3 which is playable but not as nice/crisp as my dell @2560/1440… I’ve tried crysis2/Skyrim/moh they all run fine (crysis 2 had to drop resolution ouch)…The one thing thats pissing me off is when you change you settings from surround to activate all monitors(all 3 monitors work at native resolution and only 1 when gaming) it fkn turns sli mode off very gay cause it would be cool to run all 3 and use the centre monitor for gaming…You have to select max 3d performance in control panel which enable sli again but turns off the 3rd monitor such is life… :wink2:
Desktop

Medal of Honour

I think the flash has made the centre screen look reddish but in RL its doesn’t look so different to the other 2 monitors…

sexeh

Nice Mac … did you follow my lead and make a desk mat :slight_smile:

In other news … little somethin somethin came friday that I forgot to show … not much but i will need a separate res and top when the pc goes into the desk … so when the opportunity arrives to get all three at a sexy price … fuk yeah!! ( ie $100 for D5,top and pump cover = win)

I did a quick sleeving job on it just then heh… need a black molex and do the shrink again on the end… looks better than the naked wiring anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Will sell off the xspc res/D5 later on as it wont be needed :slight_smile:

Noice Mac!

Damn Az, I’ve wanted one of those D5 dress up kits for a while now, but I’m not paying for one, lol. I have the same top too, getting it all for $100 is awesome.