Show Us your Rigs & General Tech Chat

Mac : Heres a bloke putting an rx240 in a lil mid tower - of course yours will be shit loads cleaner due to room :slight_smile:

No idea what the plan is for this one, but it looks like a craftsman is at work : will be interesting to see it come to life : http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=12906918#post12906918

EK kit looks very nice, havenā€™t read much about their pumps but Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll do the job.

In regards to your pump, Iā€™d just try it first with the full loop. Honestly, I donā€™t care about flow rate as long as my temps are good. The good thing about your pump (and the 355) is that they cope well with restrictive loads, where as the D5 will do better than the 350/355 with a more free flowing design. Iā€™ve seen plenty of people run full loops with a single D5 or 350/355 and still get great results.

Just keep an eye out on the swiftech uni blocks as Iā€™ve read that they are fairly restrictive (more of an issue for me than you, imo). See what else is on the market, think EK have a low restrictive uni block out that will cope better with less pump. Otherwise you could just get another 350 and run it in series, I think it doubles the head pressure which will help with restriction.

Blue Primoflex arrived today. Damn 7/16" ID looks tiny compared to 1/2". Had to measure the diameter to make sure I hadnā€™t accidentally been sent 3/8" tube. Not sure that I like it tbh but Iā€™m not going to make my final judgement until it is in the loop. Going to be a lot of fun trying to get them over the BP barbs, seems like heating the tips up in advance is going to be a necessity.

As soon as the CPU gets here and a couple other small bits and pieces, Iā€™ll be giving the loop a good tidy up, going to try and reduce the amount of tubing in the case.

SP1 is out, but doesnā€™t seem like thereā€™s any big changes, especially if youā€™ve been updating regularly.

Cool, I update manually most of the time. I wonder if ā€œthatā€ update which is usually unticked is automatically installed with SP1?

Found a fairly interesting build. Passive radiator that doubles as a case.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259588

Doesnā€™t seem to be, i installed it this morning and havenā€™t had any troubles/complaints from it yet

nice

Finally my watercooling kit arrived today and knowing that I was feeling very sick and couldnā€™t goto workā€¦:laugh: So last night i stripped my computer to save time so when it arrived (Lunchtime) i was ready to smash it inā€¦(Gently)

Naked Computer

I went with the rx360 kit and man it just fittedā€¦:sweat: Went with supplied fans for the time been but they are nice and quiet and air flow is good.

Waterblock was a breeze to fit and within 2hrs i was leak testingā€¦Will make a bracket to straighten the 2 hoses going to the pump and get rid of the cable ties etc l8r onā€¦Good to report no leaksā€¦btw the compression fittings on the cpu block had .000001mm clearance lol and was lucky i could tighten the properlyā€¦:sweat:

Mostly back togeather and checking for leaks etc and that everythings plugged inā€¦

So approx 3+hrs later its all back together and running nicely i maybe should have leak tested for longer but meh if its not gonna leak in the first 10-15mins the chances of spotting a leak days later and stopping it from killing everything is unlikelyā€¦the joys of watercooling i guessā€¦

Wicked Mac, well done.

Haha yeah, the only time I have sprung a leak during testing is practically straight away, never after a few hours etc. I still do it over night when Iā€™m not using it anyway.

Those compression fittings do take up a bit of space, lucky there was enough room. Looks awesome anyway. How hard was it to bleed the loop, does that res work well letting bubbles escape?

How are the load temps?

Hey nip yeah the system bleeds very well within 5mins etc all was fineā€¦

As far as Temps go still messing with overclocks but just did a linx run at 4.0 and temps where 65c but still trying to tweak the voltage as it needs heaps too hit 4, but in general its wipe approx 10-15 degrees off the load temp compaired to the air coolerā€¦

Shit hot Mac, looks really good

far out that rad is thick lolā€¦ used to seeing my swifties.

Temp drop sounds like a winner and i really like that resā€¦clean and sexy.

Well i just spent $300 on watercooling lets max the cpu :laugh: Its early days but just did a linx run at 20*205 (4100Mhz) and it passed but was hitting 75 degrees not mind blowing comparied to 1155 but been a 860 its fairly impressiveā€¦Might leave it at 4.1 for the time been and maybe try hit 4.2 soon:blink:

Thatā€™s awesome. 4.0GHz with HT on and only 65ā€™C with room for improvement. Those RASA kits are looking pretty good right about now. Absolutely no reason for anyone to buy a H70 any more considering the small price difference.

XSPC are onto a winner.

Lancool K-62 ( my old dragonlord) gets a revision ;

K-63 : First Knight

All the goodness of the K-62, but twin front fans and more hdd space rather than 5 1/4 space. I dont mind the outer design ,looks sleeker than my model ā€¦ Ripper price and id buy it 100% if going mid tower again.

Really like the rear cable management implementation for the front connectors

That is sleek. The cable management looks nice too, those clips would be very hand IF they can hold bulky PSU cables.

lol

LMFAO thats epic

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HktqKnM0fg[/ame]

http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/systems-2011/reventon-mk2/039.htm

Itā€™s like the RV01 was designed with this in mind.