Show Us your Rigs & General Tech Chat

F4 BIOS, FMD. It was back in those revisions when I almost regretted buying this motherboard (back when I had the gear cramped into the P182, what a mess). Big improvement in the later revisions, not necessarily OC wise, but just more stable in general, wouldn’t run the board on an early revision at all.

Honestly, how rough can someone be to bugger the front panel headers and lose a PCI-E clip, how does that even happen?

Nah, not any more. I used to run it but I think that having it so close to the graphics cards actually makes the NB run hotter as the heatsink absorbs all the heat coming off them. When I get round to upgrading the cards and water cooling them, I’ll bung it back on to see if it improves.

Also thought it was time to renew the tubing in the loop, just bought some blue primochill stuff. I’ve added silver to the loop, .999 silver wire, got it for free. I just coiled it around a pen and made a big spring out of it and chucked it in the res. Also went for 7/16" ID this time, so it will fit snugly over the barbs.

i think the f connector issue is me not having it right… will do the right thing and look up giga mobo manual from the manufacturer site to get it sorted.

W7 loaded… now to install a certain few essentials and then do some quick stability testing.

I wanna see what my stock vcore is :slight_smile:

I wanna see how high you can get the thing with HT on. Then you can sell the CPU to me, haha. Nah, no cash to waste atm, ute just had a service and needs new tyres, again.

meh … cpuz shows 6gb … everest and linx shows 4gb … bios shows 4gb.

looks like we have a problem :mad2:

Good to see it working az…I wouldn’t be to concerned with the missing pci clip your cards not gonna go anywhere without it been there…

So… 1st ram slot (white) is fucked.

knew it had to get better lol.

edit … it may not be… after some good reading… it may bethe socket pins need a shade more tweaking.

Looks like ill be pulling it apart tomorra lol.

crosses fingers this sorts it

Damn Az, at least you got the thing posting :wacko:. Here’s hoping you can get the ram slot up and runnin again!

Az, does the ram not show up when you are running optimised defaults? There is a common occurrence with the X58 chipset that if you get your OC or voltages completely out of whack, it will only show 4GB of the 6GB installed. You really need to work carefully with it. Happened to me once when I was really pushing my luck. QPI/VTT (IMC) and RAM votlages need to be addressed. Having the wrong uncore multi in relation to the RAM multi can do it too.

The bent pin problem is also common, seems like it could be very possible in your case considering the board came with bent pins. If that RAM slot doesn’t work even if it’s the only slot you are using, then it sounds like a bent CPU pin. Sounds like you’ve already tested it this way.

Lastly, some HSF don’t agree with the boards. Some people will get all their ram show up with some coolers, then swap to another and then lose 2GB, mounting pressure plays a big part.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think that it is normally channel C that disappears, not the first channel. Probably hints that it is a bent pin.

Wouldnt trust a motherboard with thermal compound on it. Not 1/100 of a drop. Signs of bad owner. Return.

cpu pin was the culprit… another adjustment to make it match pretty much to normal has got me back to 6gb ram and linx stable at default spec.

Chromy : i would love to return the board… and have left a few emails/pms stating my dissatisfaction ( starting politely and degrading lol)… he’s done a runner and left everyone in the lurch ( 7 ppl paid for gear and aint got squat) … i got a board ripped out and that was it … such is chance to get a bad egg on an otherwise very good trade forum.

As it stands , i need to make sure the audio works, test out the other pcie slots but the board is working as it should now… so ill still get $80 odd for it.

risky biznus

Didn’t even realise that the Vertex 3 had come out, hard to believe how quick it is over the Vertex 2, they aren’t exactly slow either.

[SIZE=2]Read[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]550MB/s[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Write[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]500MB/s[/SIZE]
holy shitcake batman

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4159/ocz-vertex-3-pro-preview-the-first-sf2500-ssd

has anyone see n any specs for BF3 yet?

Its going to big one of the biggest issues…gamers with low end performance machines.

Game $89
Upgrade $499

got to love Battlefield!!!:laugh:

wouldn’t have it any other way :shades:

No details as yet. It will be using the next iteration of the Frostbite engine, so you’ll at least want a machine that’s coping with BC2. For a complete shot in the dark for min spec, I’d say you’d want a Quad Core machine @ 3GHz, 4GB of ram and a 1GB 4850. Who else wants a bet?

i know in Bf2 i used to run the setting on high. Interesting though, if you turned the shadows/reflections off, the enemy had no where to hide.

Sometime you could sit in the shadow of a wall and whilst not invisible, hard to see, trun shadows off made them stand out like dogs balls, although it didnt make the game look as good.

Im not convinved running any game on ultra high settings is ideal.

this is some funky shit [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCYmQbeb7g[/ame]

also scored another 4gb of ram (kinda for free got it off a mate whos upgrade to ddr3 and his ddr2 is the same as mine, though i’ll give him $50 for it laters) so 8gb now. I know its of no real help but it needs a home XD

mad little thing