Show Us your Rigs & General Tech Chat

id say it will still have a min of dual core, 2gb ram and a 4850/9800gtx size gpu … but you’d need a quad and a 460/560/6870 to run it pretty well

Don’t need as much gpu power when your gamin on a small screen and resolution like that…:wink2:

Completely missed that before.

Cant wait to see a pic of it… the clampless look is so clean and sexy.

You like the primochill ?

Haven’t received it yet, I placed the order just before posting the message. A mate of mine uses the primoflex UV blue and it looks wicked. I’ll have to wait and see how it ages. Apparently primochill put a biocide inside the tubing too, that’s pretty cool.

Not sure if I’ll run clampless tbh, I’m sure it’s safe, but I’ll probably keep the worm drives on there, or at least use zippy ties. I very nearly wanted to buy one of those new Swiftech pump/res combos, or something similar but it doesn’t make much sense to upgrade my loop more before I grab some new cards.

I said i’d never go back to watercooling but when the xpsc kits where released at pccg i couldn’t resist lol… So i’m waiting on the kit eta 23/2 so i’ve added some extra goodies to the system 1/2 hose and 6 compression fittings.

Also scored some pure silver rods off ebay for $24…:wink2:

woooooooooooooooooooot!!! took your time :stuck_out_tongue:

HAHAHA. You can never escape “the life”

The XSPC kits are wicked value. The black BP compressions fittings are sexy, I just installed some in a friends rig about a week ago, very nice.

no doubt a few have seen it : http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=939960

That’s awesome, love the 840 case. Almost a shame to cut one up but the end result is great.

gave my HSF a good cleaning, as you can see the noctua needed it badly lol

i also bought some new thermal compound, got some Artic Cooling MX-2, works great, @ 3.4ghz in a cool AC’d room 2 of the 4 cores idle at less than 30 degrees

Haha, they’re dust magnets.

idle means bugger all… its how it handles ze load :wink:

Was gonna wait until it arrived and just take a photo or 2 … but when i received the shit giga board i straight away looked for another to make me happy. As the 1366 build will stay with me until maybe ivy bridge ( if it looks good enough) i wanted one with all the goods.

Bought a asus rampage extreme 2 from a ocau’er. Replacement board from an rma 1 week old, with ALL accessories this time and warranty+receipt.

Cant seem to get away from me asus mobos it seems… its telling me something - first time i did i got shat on lol.

Boards got all the features i need and will certainly be fun. Will be here some time next week.

LMAO, some people do call them Gigashat.

Sounds like you got hold of a great 2nd hand board, pity the GB wasn’t in the same condition as I’m confident that you would have been happy with it.

BTW, if you see a good CPU pop up on the forums, let me know. Keeping an eye out myself but you seem to have the radar on all the time.

3 on there atm i think … 2 sound dodgy as hell ( damaged board/untested cpu etc) … but this one sounds pretty good : http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=940334

put $230 up there for it but stated was looking for 200-250 … maybe put up 200pp. he had 3.8 @1.24 or something… but that might not be a refined oc.

They still sell for the 200-250 ( i paid $250 posted - but it was the only one on bar a c0:yucky:)

Yeah, seen that one. Just watching for the time being. Think he’s chasing $230 now. Might just bite the bullet.

I reckon $230 inc post would get it.

In 6 days i think you will see a fluffy of activity in the trading section form one chilliofoe ( his 3 mths is up then) lol

Wouldn’t take a dollar under $230 and he would prefer not to post. Considering they are still going for $250 like you said. I offered him 230 pp, he said he’ll get back to me. Ball is in his court now…

Still a good buy imo … and your 940 would get the same return if not a shade better … so a good “trade”. Less heat with the chance of more oomph … and most importantly, a night or 2 tinkering in ze bios :slight_smile:

While you have prob already done … just make sure you state to have it at least registered post.

IF that falls through (or you ask and get a bite) check the price check forum… theres a 950 d0 that seems like a good clocker and a 930 that they are asking pricing for … never hurts to pm an offer and cut out the bidding war :slight_smile:

Hopefully he gets back to me. Doesn’t seem real keen having to post which is silly. It’s not hard, especially considering he has all the packaging and I’ve offered to pay postage on top of his reserve. I’ll just have to wait and see.

That’s also a good idea, I’ll drop them a PM if this other seller doesn’t get back to me with in a day.

But yeah, if I can hit 4.0GHz with HT on, I will be happy. Unfortunately, the original asking price of the 940 does not follow through 2nd hand. 920 D0s usually out price them due to better overclocking ability. If I can get $200 for it, I’ll be more than happy to let it go (as long as its replacement turns out better).