SEQ Floods

Happening right now in Brisbane Ipswich Toowoomba

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Do0LvsdXIU[/ame]

wow thats intense, i hope our car is ok, mum and dad left it in ipswich and flew home from brissy

Been happening for weeks beforehand tbh.

Fkn crazy weather atm…

Intense, what’s strange is that my sister has been in QLD for the last fortnight (came home 2 days ago) and she seemed to of missed all the bad weather.

im sooooo sick of rain falling from the sky. the lancer is hardly an offroad car … nearly couldnt get to work …

its bloody terrible aparently alot of dead toddlers ripper out of thier parents arms

My brother and I tried to see if we could get from Redbank (right near goodna) which is arguable the most effected area to anywhere on the north side of Brissy without using any toll roads…

Long story short, we crossed alot of closed roads… had to drive south for about 15 minutes before we could go north due to floods… In the end we only made it to Mt Ommaney… Failed

You did know all toll roads were toll free today?

Yea we did, but because it was a challenge we decided we couldn’t use an easy route to the north

lmao, toll roads…

I guess I can’t really laugh too much, it’s probably due to not having toll roads that the condition of Tasmania’s roads are so shite. All the income that comes from speed camera’s vanishes into thin air.

far out…its just fukin amazing, years to rebuild, flow on effect, mossy’s, fuel and vege prices, meat prices, milk…disease…so on and so on

Well in all of this there is 1 positive coming out of it…if your a tradey you got alot of options now to move and get work.

but still its sad that its happend

Yer mate, there will be no shortage of work for tradies for years

Some photo’s… Excuse my inane ramblings, but for those half interested will try and describe what’s what.

The above 2 were taken mid december, and that’s actually our neighbours paddock. That, was the 3rd time in the space of about 10 days it had been entirely underwater, and it’s basically been the same since the photo was taken.

These 4 were taken the monday before christmas. Thats my old man and bro-in-law taking the tinny down what is usually a road, to check the other end of that farm. They were also able to take the boat in the wheat and cotton paddock. 3rd is a driveway underwater, the water hasn’t stopped flowing over that driveway since this photo was taken (although it has receded somewhat). 4th is the road between Toowoomba & Cecil Plains.

This photo is also a stretch of the toowoomba - cecil plains road from our driveway, looking towards cecil plains, taken the wednesday before christmas.

Last 5 were taken the Thursday after christmas from all around our district. The river you see flooded is the condamine river. 4th photo is rather staggering imo, the funny track you see through the crop of corn is where the wate & debris were flowing,and simply flattened it (the brown bit isn’t dirt, it’s all the debris left over).

fuck thats unbelievable hey.

Its bullshit how there was sfa national news about the extent of flooding leading up the the big flood. knew that it was goin on , but was never really put up in detail.

Finally get to see ole cecil plains eh Patty … pity its not with rockin wheat crop instead of that.

i agree with azza, no word on this yet this is well before the shit storm that hit ipswich and brissy

Its ridicules how much has gone under and only certain parts are shown on t.v
i’ve know since it happened because my mates in the ses and he keeps telling me, but dang its just alot to take in

bloody devastating, the after effects are going to be long and hard on all of Australia particularly since QLD supplies the country with so much meat and veg/fruit etc.