SEQ Floods

Yeah you certainly aren’t alone about being pissed off about it, 75% of the state had/has been declared a disaster zone but you wouldn’t know it. However, in saying that, I certainly don’t mean to demean in any way the sheer devasation, and tradegy of what happened in Toowoomba/The Lockyer Valley/Brisbane, as in terms of the number of people affected, it’s obviously quite a lot given the population density. We can at least be thankful around home that none of us have lost our lives (or were in danger of such), nor have we had our homes destroyed.

Dunno if it’s been reported or not, but the people of Chinchilla (west/north west of home) were evacuated twice! First time was a record peak a few days after christmas, and then they copped another dose at similar levels around the same time of the flash flooding in Tba/Chinchilla. The entire town of Theodore (small town, obvs) was evacuated, and weren’t able to get back to assess damaged etc. for about 2 weeks. Rockhampton reached it’s highest flood level for who knows how long, same goes for Emerald, and St George. Not to mention that Emerald/St George have experienced floods in the past 5 years as well (although not to the same level of this one).

It sums up the state though really, nobody gives a fuck about anything but Brisbane and the two Coasts.

We’d much rather it was a rockin cotton crop instead :p. To put into perspective the damage it has done to our crop alone, we had originally expected to pick/harvest 5000 bales of cotton, but now we’ll be lucky to make 1500. That pretty much sums up the story for agriculture right accross the state. Thankfully, there should be some sorghum/corn around, but it’s going to send a lot of businesses over the edge. Didn’t even get to harvest any of our wheat :frowning: got sooo close before christmas, but the night before we would’ve been able to get into it we had another 50mms.

Anyway, i’ll stop ranting on and boring you all :stuck_out_tongue:

i did hear about that town that got evacuated twice … poor bastards.

Well i suppose getting a hopeful 1500 bales still beats the big nada … but sure to hurt you guys and all the farmers in the region for sure.