Schpaz's El Problemo's

Hey Nipper and all the other guys that are willing to help!
I have a few problems that you guys may be able to help with :slight_smile:

I have a problemo with my headphones on my PC, (desktop) they are a 3.5mm Jack, not USB, and when I am in steam, the sound works, but the mic doesn’t, ive checked all the steam audio/chat settings, and they are all fine, but the weird thing is when i open up the windows sound recorder, the mic works again :S Any suggestions? I am yet to use them on my laptop, when I get a replacement I will try and install steam etc, and see if they work… But its kind of strange…

Anyways, another problemo is with partitioning, if i did a clean install and formatted my HDD, and made a partition, (“primary partition” i think it comes up with…)
The other data that wasn’t put into a partition is there but it doesn’t say “primary partition”, what do i do? Do i make that whole thing a partition and make it a primary? Or what? Does it affect the PC in any way?

Cheers guys!

-Schpaz

Pretty please help me guys!
I just did a clean install of Windows 7 again (to increase partition size of OS partition) and I copied BC2 (installation folder/game folder) and I installed BC2 in the same directory as last time, then I over-rode the folder with the old one i used before I reinstalled windows. With me?

Now everything works fine, its just that when I try to join a game, it kicks me and comes up with this:
\

Please help!? :frowning:

your problem is you dont have the defibs yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Goto evenbalance.com and manually update punkbuster

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

download the windows 3.4 version. Follow the install instructions … update and you should be fine.

I copied BC2 (installation folder/game folder) and I installed BC2 in the same directory as last time, then I over-rode the folder with the old one i used before I reinstalled windows

You should generally do a fresh install of a game rather than copying directories over … just back up your profiles and slot them back in.

ive got steam on a seperate drive to my OS, so i dont need to reinstall all the games again when it comes down to it :slight_smile:

Can’t stress this enough, it will eliminate 99% of the problems that everybody has. When a game installs, it is not just copying files over to one directory, it will be installing and adding files all over the place including the C drive even if you have the game installed on a different drive, it is also adding keys to the registry. Simply copying the folder of a program over is not sufficient. The programs will not be known to the PC and they will not have an entry under add/remove programs or whatever W7 calls it. I’ve seen some games that will work under this condition, but for most it is just easier to reinstall.

From what I interpreted you:

1. Installed W7
  2. Installed BC2
  3. Copied your old BC2 folder over the top of the one that was just installed.

For the most part, what you have done is correct, you reinstalled the game properly (from what I can gather. You just didn’t need to overwrite the entire folder with your old one, just the profiles would of sufficed. Your problem is related to having an outdated version of PB though, as suggested by others. Nothing to worry about.

Also, just be aware that a lot of games now do not save profiles/savegames in the directory that the game is installed. Many use the Documents folder, some others use hidden directories along the lines of the AppData folder from what I can remember. Basically, you can still end up losing your save games even if you copy the entire game directory. Better to know where they are actually being saved and only grab that folder in the future.

Yeah I d/l’ed Punk Buster, 3.4 I think and it all works now.

Thanks guys, and next time I will just do a fresh install and download updates, may be a tad easier :stuck_out_tongue:

A few other issues I am having with it now after I reinstalled Windows 7, my fn+f10 or something, the one that controls volume up+down doesn’t work anymore, any suggestions? :S

Cheers guys!

Most likely there is a driver you need to install to make the little function keys work. I’ve had to do this with many laptops that I have freshened up for people. Should be able to find them from the manufacturer’s website.

Downloaded all the latest drivers, they work, but its not the same software that it came with, different symbol and everything, but it was from the AsusTek site, so I suppose it is legit haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

If it works and you’re happy with it, then stick with it.

Haha its gay, at work my sound on my lappy speakers was working, get it home… they don’t :frowning:
Headphones ftw!

Hmm and yet another bloody problem.
BC2 isn’t updating… Arrgghhhh

This my update data:

2010-3-30 16:35:59.150 http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/Patch/patch_515195_523648

And Installation data:
<?xml version=“1.0” ?>
<InstallationData>
<CurrentVersion>523648</CurrentVersion>
<PatcherVersion>3</PatcherVersion>
<EulaVersion>0</EulaVersion>
<PbEulaVersion>0</PbEulaVersion>
<InstalledHashes></InstalledHashes>
</InstallationData>

I can’t see this “Region Select” feature in the browser, Az only just made me aware of this, this morning… :><:

I think what John said sounded logical, if it wasn’t updating, then you wouldn’t be able to play. May be mistaken though.

This is a picture of where you can find the region select option.

is this problem being debated in two threads now?

haha, seems like it.

Sorry guys, I will use this one.

As you can see I can log in and access the browser, but it obviously isn’t the updated one… :S
As it looks much different to Nippers…

I am going to try and fresh install it, and just download the updates automatically at the start, and see how I go. And I will post on the forums how i go. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Schpaz

i think i might try a fresh install too

Hey guys if you havnt updated you can’t play I just had to reinstall due to my update exe not working after reinstall all’s fine

Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me. I can’t recall one game that let people play at the same time in one server, on different versions of the game.

Do a fresh install Schpaz. I let it auto update and it seems to work fine.

After 2 re-installs (exactly the same as I did the first time) it won’t auto update. Is my computer retarded?
Bah, re-installs windows