Reloaded 09

http://www.valhalla.net.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15220&start=0

This will be the 4th in the reloaded series of events, which started back in 2006 as a 160 person lan event in a brighton community hall. This year Reloaded aims to set a new record for attendance, with more competitions, and a higher level of professionalism than has been seen at any lan in South Australian history.

2006 event: 160 people, $5000 in cash and prizes
2007 event: 500 people, $20000 in cash and prizes
2008 event: 700 people, $90000 in cash and prizes
2009 event: ???

Official website: http://www.alienware.com.au/reloaded/

LAN times and location

PC

Location: St Clair Recreation Centre, 101 Woodville Road, Woodville
Section: Main courts
Time: 6pm, Friday, January 16th - 8am, Sunday, january 18th
Features: 450 person BYO LAN, 40 person NON BYO

Console

Location: St Clair Recreation Centre, 101 Woodville Road, Woodville
Section: Court 4
Day 1: 6pm Friday, January 16th - 1pm, January 17th
Day 2: 2pm Saturday, January 17th - 6am, january 18th

Cost
PC -
$40 (includes showbag & game - total value in excess of $100
Day tickets will not be available for PC.

Console -
$20 day ticket,
$40 Platinum pack (includes showbag valued at $100)

Ticket Availability

Online - through http://www.alienware.com.au/reloaded
Planned to be available through Standard Valhalla outlets.

wow thats insane, wish i lived in SA!

Puts our little ghey lans to shame.

Last lan the best prize was aftermarket cooler for a nvidia 6 or 7 series card! And this is after thermaltake decieded to sponser the lan, tight arses. WHO THE F*CK would still have a 6 series in their machine??? 90% of people today probably have an 8 series at least.

Goes to show that Alienware must charge too much for their systems lol, especially when they can give 90 grands worth of prizes away in 2 nights. Fark me.

our lans are okay for the size of the state, SA is probably the most tech savvy place in australia computer wise.

sif thermaltake are gonna give sweet prizes for the first time they sponsor someone…

Sif thermaltake are ever going to provide good prizes to Launceston Lans, they actually had the balls to give a aftermarket hs for graphics cards that are 4 - 5 generations out of production. WTF??? It’s not all bad though, thermaltake haven’t produced a good product since the Big Typhoon. They should ditch thermaltake and try and get sponsorship from thermalright, maybe they would provide some TRUE’s, or something that would be usefull to more then just 5% of the computing world!!!

this is going to be a huge weekend…

People who spend all thier time at lans leeching shouldnt whine about prizes.

LOL nice nice. good call.

Maybe because all everyone plays is DOTA, which is as gay as playing WoW.

lol you’ll find not many people dota, thats why we always struggle to have 5v5, they play CS:S and COD a lot. you’d know this if you played games there :laugh:

People played COD4 a lot more then they did last time, and I played COD4 a fair bit. CSS is a shit game by todays standards, especially when comparing it to COD4.

Why would you want to go to a LAN to play CoD4 anyway when you can play it online, with people that you would rather play with.

cos its fun pwning n00bs and hearing them scream, lol. online you have no idea what n00b you are pwning.

also good to see your mates! :yes:

Yeah, good to see your mates, like the one that 21 year old that takes a knife with him everywhere like a 12 yo kid would.

Who’s mate are you referring too? none of the blokes i know who go to lans are packing anything more dangerous than a mouse and keyboard.

That one that is mates with chase, and went to your house once.

It’s not important, what I’m saying is that I rather play online as it’s the same as playing at a LAN, without having to move your pc. You used to think the same thing last time I asked you tel.

lol then why go? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah Nipper notice last time you were leeching i was at home? pwning online with the other oe guys.

Haha, that’s the only reason I wanted to go. I got 160gb’s worth of files in 14 hrs, It would have taken me 6 1/2 months to download it off the internet.

dont bitch about the prizes then.

Rav, do you honestly need an answer to that question? Nearly everyone at a LAN leeches, even when they are gaming they are leeching in the background. That’s the reason why I go. If you didn’t notice there were roughly over 10 TB worth of files floating around that night, all of which are leeched from one pc to another, hence why so many people have the same files shared. You just have to look around to see that the amount of people leeching is easily equal if not more to the amount gaming.

Honestly it would have been less embarissing for thermaltake not to offer prizes at all. Next they will be giving away SDRAM that they had lying around in the warehouse.