Modern Warfare 2

i lag a little at max everything with quad sli turned on :frowning:

Haha, may or MAY NOT recall, lol. Weā€™re talking about me here, yes I remember talking to you about it previously. I was just giving a warning to the others so they donā€™t end up spending half their annual wage on computers like someone else did.

Only review Iā€™ve seen so far of PC multi

http://www.gamearena.com.au/pc/games/title/modern-warfare-2/reviews.php?id=5033868

FMD, loving single player. Would be 5x better though if my PC didnā€™t fucking lag up majorly (basically requires me to save and quit, close game, start up again, resume from last save) every 20 minutes. Goes fine, then all of a sudden just has a heart attack, takes like 3 minutes to complete a full 360 degree rotation with my mouse. Not sure if itā€™s the CPU or the GPU, but somethings not liking it :frowning:

Check your temps patty, may indicate something. Updating your GPU drivers wouldnā€™t hurt either.

Back to the game. I heard that it has more missions that CoD4 but that they are much shorter, so the game ends up being the same length. Thatā€™s not too bad imo, the reviews said that the SP is epic, never a dull moment.

Iā€™m going to give that it a flogging when my copy arrives.

Yeah had everest running on my other screen, temps were nothing out of the ordinary. CPU cores didnā€™t go over 51 and GPU no higher than 100 iirc.

hmm, 100ā€™C on the GPU shouldnā€™t be something that you are used to seeing imo.

I think Iā€™ll get to work writing a RivaTuner fan speed guide. Using rivatuner to control my fan speed automatically did wonders for my temps, and I think Azalin will agree also after he gave his 4850ā€™s the same treatment. Itā€™s not like your case has no airflow, lol. With the rivatuner proflies, youā€™ll be lucky to ever see your GPU temp go over 70 - 80ā€™C with an intensive application like furmark.

It wasnā€™t hovering around 100, thatā€™s just the highest number i saw it reach. Was generally sitting around 85/90

Doesnā€™t really make me feel any less worried than I did before, shouldnā€™t ever see that temp in game. Even 90ā€™C in a video game is a bit toasty. I know you are trying to find an excuse to buy a new card but still, lol.

Your CPU temps are fine though.

Iā€™ve started writing a rivatuner guide for those who wish to drop their gpu temps a bit, should be done tomorrow.

With all my ati cards etc hd4870/hd4890 I found auto fan control let the temps go too high, its just as easy to set it to 37%-40% which is a good noise/performance ratio in my experienceā€¦ Try that patty just go into ati control panel select manual fan and all is goodā€¦

them 4850s are hot little shits tho mac ā€¦ 40 manual wasnt enough for me ā€¦ they still cooked even in cod on a warm day ā€¦ best bet is fan profiles patty in rivatuner. Ill be doin mine tonight ā€¦ iā€™ll help ya if need be ( but that will be a handy addition to the NipTech Guide hey Nip :P)

Hey Mac, youā€™ll see once I get the rivatuner guide up (should be today/tonight), itā€™s not like the ati auto fan control at all, itā€™s far more aggressive. It doesnā€™t wait until your cards get to the temperature of the sun before the fans ramp up, lol.

Shit didnā€™t think they get hotter then a hd4870ā€¦depends on the type fan/heatsink they have with so many different models etc temps would varyā€¦and thinking bout it the hd4870 had a fully inclosed heatsink/fan setup which exhausted the hot air out the back which helps heapsā€¦Ok hd4850 are hot little buggers.:laugh:ā€¦ Still trying a manual fan speed will help give you a idea of noise/temps to setup your profile with rivatunerā€¦

Hey nip yeah used it before with other cards etc works wellā€¦Just sometimes using the manual control is quick/easy and does the jobā€¦

One question about the game - ive heard riot shields are in the game? if so are they annoying and how do they compare to the shields from CS1.6?

In the single player itā€™s pretty easy to get past them, just flash-bag/stun, and drill them as they change position. In saying that, have nfi what itā€™s like on MP :stuck_out_tongue:

appears matches should be possible, if they can do it on xbox, and have been for a long time no reason it cant run the same for pc.

CG already has 2 ladders for xbox MW2, id assume once they sort it out a
PC ladder will be here soon

Hey liikkz only tried it once in multiplayer and got smashed might work better in ctf mode etcā€¦

shields will be good in CTF though if a nade lands next to you or slightly behind your dead

Isnā€™t that usually what happens when a nade lands near you? (providing it was cooked, of course)