Modern Warfare 2

Rumour is abound that information has been leaked by a IW play tester … take it as you will but some of the info leaked is :

Vehicles will be in MW2
M16 will return, using stopping power will only be OHK at head, neck, and torso (abdomen, limbs, and hands/feet will not)
Ak47 and M4 will return, unknown if there are any changes
M40 will return, ACOG damage boost will be fixed
Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return
There are more unknown weapons that will not return
New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)
New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivalent)
New Assault rifle: L85A2 (United Kingdom forces)
Total weapons in multiplayer are said to be around 35
FavoriteModern warfare 1 maps will return
Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return
Red dot sightings will come in different shapes for multiplayer (circular, square, Original)
Snipers will have special grass camouflage (As seen in Modern warfare 1’s campaign)
All perks will return from MW except eavesdrop and others will be altered
All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions
New gametype: Secure (Call of duty version of capture the flag, however you capture the enemy’s Intel)
New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy
Solider customization for each class (and each country)
Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer
There are NO bots in local multiplayer
Similar version to Nazi Zombies, however details are unknown
NO guest players online, 1 player per console
Killcam save feature
There is blood and gore
Offline/Online Co-op
Story takes place in the Middle East
Role as US marines return
Ken Lally voice work in campaign
Release is set for sometime in November
New army tags will be available to add different elements in campaign (similar to halo skulls)
Campaign-only weapons

While only a rumour … im still looking forward to it … maybe IW will help the whole community out … unlke some other mob of tossers …

new gametype sounds like commander / vip will be available :slight_smile:

if they take out the mp5 i wont buy the game

lol who cares if mp5 is gone, theres hundreds, probably thousands, that the game doesnt have so you never get all guns available

If IW are making it, it’s good to presume that this game will succeed.

oh yeah its gonna b massive win

yep its apparently coming out around October/november. from what iv read anyway

thats what i heard 2

probably around 11-14th Nov

just in time 4 xmas

dam, better not waste my money like world at war did
collectors edition?? for sure

I want silenced sniper rifles :frowning:

L85 yay…though no L96 :frowning:

silencing sniper rifles defeats the purpose, idea of sniping to get one shot kills, silencers reduce the speed of the bullet so it makes less noise, and a slower travelling bullet will affect everything about it.

cabby where do u get ur facts. a silencer doesnt slow down the bullet ( if its made properly) all it does is give more space (by using length and wider area) to let the gas depresserize therefore creating less sound

lets recap

Silencer > makes the gas less presureized therefore making less sound

If the silencer is make right the bullet speed will not be affected

[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]therefore a silencer on a sniper rifle would have no affect to its proformance if the silencer was made correctly [/SIZE][/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Aww Im sad if the MP5 and P90 are gone but hopefully the replacement lineup is equally awesome especially considering there room for 3-4 new ones now. Just means I cant go stargate SG1 on anyones ass now.

I wonder if they will add pilots to the chopper so we can smash them.

who said mp5 is gone ?? … gossip worse than a CWA knitting club you ppl

btw … this is rumoured play test leaked info … id wait till official news is released before deciding whether to buy it or not ultra …

I thought vehicles might be added … as WaW is the test for em … if they make vehicles … they better make some decent size maps ( or get mod tools out early so bf2 maps can be ported :slight_smile: )

yeh but if your using a silencer on sniper rifle then you would have to use sub sonic munitions other wise whats the point if your bullet is breaking the sound barrier it would still give away your position just have no flash

and sometimes by reducing the velocity of the bullet

we were both right, and i just realised there was a silenced M21 in cod4 single player ><

and a silenced sniper rifle in cod4 MP would be so OP, deep impact, jammer and bandoiler and not been able to detect on uav would suck

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/index.php?loc=en_GB&mediaType=VIDEO&mediaId=video1#/en_GB/VIDEO/video1

looks much more suburban

thread moved to proper spot

wat eva i couldnt find it