Connection Issues

Better than nothing, I should try doing the same thing.

I wouldn’t go with TPG if I were you, they have fantastic deals but shitty service. If you wanted an alternative to Bigpond I’ve heard good things about iinet and internode. But Ive only ever heard bad about TPG.

i found there customer service last time was pretty good. I only left TPG because I thought they were the cause of my issues

i love tpg … i have found their customer service is good if you call them and dont email …

while my speeds aren’t gr8 i cant blame them as i am 7km’s from the exchange … i still get a ping of 56 - 66 and a speed of 3 mbps which is better than nothing

and then out of nowhere during a normal peak time

best results…ever!

Aren’t they rolling out the fibre to the northside first or was it inner north

no idea

lol it’s sad that you think thats a good result :stuck_out_tongue: MWAHAHAHA

lmao, what’s sadder then is that my connection speed tops out at 1.35Mb/s and I think that’s great.

I could be on a 8Mb connection atm, but the prices compared to what I pay for a 1.5Mb plan keep me from moving up. Not to mention that I already fill my quota every month on 1.5, so I would need to spend even more on a 8Mb plan to get a larger quota.

I’d ultimately love to jump up to ADSL2+/24Mb connection as the plans are priced comparably to ADSL plan pricing, which are both considerably cheaper than a ADSL 8Mb one, last time I looked anyway. That will not ever happen though due to being stuck on a RIM, my best bet is to wait until the NBN gets here, knowing my luck, it won’t be rolled out here at all even though I live 5 - 10 minutes from the CBD.

lol it’s sad that you think thats a good result :stuck_out_tongue: MWAHAHAHA

yer i know but if i get that speed it means I ping better than 100 in Bf2, if I ping better than 100 I will usually have a KD ratio better than 1.5 and i pretty much hit what I aim at

Ive gotten used to playing with pings over 250 which means you really lead players and have to anticipate when they come around a corner because they are there before you see them…so yer…im excited…lol

and yet i bet ill still get my knife in your back :wink2:

wish bc2 had claymores!!! :wink2: would fuk your whole game up az

NO GAYMORES!!!

lol … i could still get by clays …even though they sucked ass…the combo of run and jump = win :stuck_out_tongue:

bullshit…you breathe near one in bf an you blow yourself up… used to piss me off …team mates could see your clays but would still run into them.

Once there were 4 guys camping at the top of a set of stairs inside a building. Lag gave me enough time run run up the stairs and drop a clay before they killed me.

then as soon as one of them moved, the clay would go off and kill all of them…stupid fuks sat there over and over again and I was getting 4 to 1…lol

well after a goodchat wit hwestnet … its most assuredly a congestion issue for me… unsolvable due to fuking telstra. Possibly the most pathetic bunch of &*^% in the world. All i can do is hope that the nbn recognises the need for meadow springs to be upgraded when mandurah itself is done in q2 next yr… then ill rape their shit network on some biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig speed.

once more … fuck telstra !

Thought the latest xkcd may have the answer

lmao, it took at least 12 months if not more for my connection to be fixed (It’s still not quite as good as it was). You’ve got a long time to wait yet.

That comic is also very true to life.

LOL if only that comic were true Liikkz

haha, I’ll try my best to help you.

First thing to check is whether the DSL light on your modem is on, it should be a solid light. If this is blinking, it means it is synchronising, if it doesn’t go solid after ~60 seconds - few minutes, then it is having trouble synchronising. If it is blacked out, then their is something else wrong.

Make sure your user name and password are set within the modem. Has the modem lost power recently? Normally this won’t effect anything but I have seen modems dropping their settings on rare occasions. You need to know your default gateway IP which is your modem’s ip in order to get into it. As far as I know, the default ip for Telstra modems is 10.0.0.138. Enter that into your address bar on any internet browser. Default “user name” and “password” to get into the modem are usually along the lines of “admin” and “admin”, or “admin” and “password”.

Next would be to check your adapter settings on your pc, do you usually just auto obtain your ip and dns settings? If so, make sure the boxes are selected with in your network adapter settings.

Let me know how you go, let me know if you want me to go into more detail in anything that I have explained, I’m happy to provide screen shots if needed.