Connection Issues

Dear It Nipper

Restarted Modem, turned firewalls on and off, rang telstra who reset ip etc, from there end they see full signal, run virus checks, reformatted PC…

Dont know what else to do

could it be the modem?

Any other checks I should be doing to see if im leeching when online

cant play anything cause ping is fuuuked!

Yours Sincerely

Desperately seeking gametime

back to its old tricks…

Looks identical to my problem, the packet loss is not acceptable. That is why you’ve been having trouble playing BC2.

Good luck getting Telstra to get off their fat asses to fix it. I’ve been at them for 12 months, as well as the neighbours, and they still keep setting the fix date further and further back.

At least you can tell Telstra that it isn’t hardware related now. To test if it is a congestion issue like mine is, do another ping test later on at night/early morning when there is bound to be less people online. If you have the same problem as me, your ping should magically fix itself, only to degrade again the next day.

bottom line is as of tomorrow im going to pay less for my internet. Im not fuking paying for something im not getting, so a little letter demanding 20% each month should get a response. Failure to comply will be met with a letter to the ombudsman, channel 7 9 and ten, letters to the editor and so on.

I dont mind congestion if it it at least consistent but the spikes are fuking insane

tomorrow I also start billing telstra for my time, lets see how they like it. And when they call me im going to ask 100 stupid fuking questions to verify they are telstra, then im going to put them on hold for 20 min while i take a shit then ask them again…that will fuk em…lol

they’ll laugh at you chilli. It sucks but they couldnt care less tbh

OH I HAVE A PLAN…MWHAAAAAAAAA:mad2:

Hahahahaha good luck with that, revenge is a dish best served cold.
I shall have my vengance of Telstra one day… When the time is right… we have a telstra call centre a block away from my house… tehe :guns (14):

Yeah, I’ve been there. Agree with iinsom, they couldn’t care less about your or my problem.

At the end of the day, they are still getting your money regardless of what ISP you are with. Short of cutting off the phone and internet from your house, you need them more than they need you, which is the cause of the problem.

They might respond to you demanding a discount, or they may just tell you to change providers… Speaking to an ombudsmen is something that I have considered, wouldn’t be caught dead talking to TT or ACA though, more painful to watch than reality TV.

get naked dsl, dont need their shitty phone lines then :smiley: (Or get fibre, fucking internode hurry up and put fibre in my area D: )

Tasmania is getting FTTH first, and it is still ages away, so even longer for the rest of you. Some remote areas in Tasmania are already getting the fibre laid out. I’m not expecting to see it in the city surrounding areas for a while. The prices are very high atm too.

As for Naked DSL, I’m pretty sure that it wouldn’t be any better as you are still using the same copper, same exchange, only difference is that they are not supplying you with a phone service.

naked adsl is the same there still using a telstra network(exchange) so they still get your fat arse dirty dollar the ombudsman is the way to go cause it legislated that they have to do something not that that something will be what your want but better then nothing in saying that the only time i got packetloss to stop me playing games was when i was capped and only sometime iinet ftw i suppose

The only reason I read this post is because Woven’s sig mesmerizes me :smiley:

lol, and that effect doesn’t change with time, believe me :laugh:

haha, I’ll concur to that.

back on topic, not capped not shaped, getting download speeds on 20KBPS HAHAHAHA

How shit is that.

Damn Woven has a nice rack…

Oh right, damn that sucks Chilli-Willi, maybe call up your local provider and burn them with articulate words and mind-play.

At this point of time, I’d say that Chilli, Patty and myself are all contemplating a car bomb with Telstra’s name on it.

yer and to make it really fuking hurt, im a telstra employee…

You have to give them one thing, they beleive in equality. No favouritism - screw everyone

Haha, I completely forgot about that. I mean no offence obviously. After all, it’s not the employees that are the problem with any of the evil, national organisations around today.

Well finally a resolution…not ideal but Telstra have come to the party.

Had my deal reduced from $109 per month to $69 per month and then halved again for the remainder of the contract June 2011 So 50GB for $34

I wrote a letter to the telecommunications Ombusman who gave me a reference number and a special 1800 number.

Lovely girl answered, asked what I wanted as a resolution…I said fix the issue of course but they cant. I said half price and she said that sounds fair and reasonable.

So, although im still stuck with shitty connection at least now its at a reasonable rate.

As soon as the contract is over Ill jump back with TPG, 24 month contract is too long in todays world.