COD5 : World at War

Rather than continue posting in the BF2 subforum … i thought i’d put this here :stuck_out_tongue:

The Next COD is being made by Treyach ( yes… the shameful ppl who made COD3) and the setting is WW2.

A few big names in modding were invited for a day to look / preview the next installment and offer up opinions / thoughts on it.

Rudedog from fpsadmin has told me that it is going to be a bloody good game. In another week or so they will be able to release details of the new installment, so as they get it … i’ll post it up here and over at Best for everyone to read :slight_smile:

I think what will make this game a success, is the platform cod4 has given it … to have that as a base to build on … they cant ruin that… can they ? lol

Fire and destruction trailer reselased :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWcO-2wB-Ow[/ame]

Was walking past EB yesterday, and noticed they had it out on the “Coming Soon” shelf, so it’s not long to go now, w00t. Funniest thing is though, they had the price for it at $89.95, yet CoD4 was still on the shelf at $99.95 :laugh:

thats EB for you

How can they go back to WW2? We already have 3 CoDs that are based on WW2. Also you say this is being made by Treyach, is this instead of infinity ward? If so that can’t be good.

I think they could possibly stuff it up as CoD4 set a new benchmark for FPS that I think won’t be topped for a while.

I hope they pull it off, I really do.

While i’d love to have another modern genre… or futuristic genre next … i think the reason they have headed back to ww2 is because if they went further foward in time … the weapons etc become too “out there” and bs … and if they stayed at modern times … ppl would just rather an expansion pack with new storyline for sp… and a set of new maps for mp and higher ranking scale with some new weapons.

WW2 has been hammered in recent years but … there is sooo many battles / areas to hone in on … and using the new engine will really change the scope.

Im not sure what ties Treyarch has to IW , if any, but i would hope IW has some say in the new game , considering how good modern warfare is.

Besides… i wil still buy the new game … and im sure most cod4 palyers will too … so They’ll either make money and kill the series … or keep us going for another year :slight_smile:

O love WW2 based games. Ive seen the shorts, I wonder whether vehicles will feature in this???

I hope they make the squad based game a little different to the current and I do hope the maps are bigger

A part taken from a mgaizine write up on the new game :

Call of Duty: World at War will utilise the Call of Duty 4 engine but the developer has also added various enhancments, such as the ability the burn down buildings and foliage."

“Mutliplayer perks are also back, including some of the favorites from Call of Duty 4, but there will also be new ones that better suit the time period. The game also features new weapons for the series, such as the flamethrower, which according to OXM, can melt the skin off of your enemies and set ablaze grass and wooden buildings.”

"Treyarch is promising that this new installment of Call of Duty will be the darkest one yet and are dedicated to making the best game they can. They have had two years of development time, rather than the 11 months they had for Call of Duty 3. And this time they have specific teams working on all the different versions, with the Xbox 360 version acting as the lead

Flame Thrower…I just got a hard on…

can anyone say destructible environment? :yahoo:

lol … only half mast for me … they need to make sure it has some range to it … too close to knife range would be tragic …

but like i said … hopefully a few days ill have a heap of info on it… not just flowery words but actual gamers/modders thoughts on it … i reckon it’ll rock…camp in that house… ill burn it down !!!

I’m not sure about vehicles, for the next game to accomodate them the maps would have to be much bigger (like crysis) which would make it less fun for small lans. In saying that it wouldn’t hurt to have a mixture of maps in various sizes, some with vehicles and some without. Just thinking it would be cool to jump into a WW2 fighter plane and dog fight.

go play TF2…LOL

thats a cartoon though cab :stuck_out_tongue:

you guys seen this trailer yet?

Actually looks cool.

Edit: here’s the full length trailer

No, I say Red Faction 3 :laugh:

The embargo is lifted so the guys who were invited to check the new game out are able to let us know about it.

I posted it up on Best … check it out here

GameSpot story has been posted on the homepage.

Some fresh news on COD:WW
The guys at BASHandslash have gotten some new info regarding gametypes and MP options :
GAMETYPES
CTF
CTF is back. A big hit in the original CoD and in CoD2, it was absent in CoD4 and was highly missed by gamers. Treyarch must have noticed that CTF was one of the first gametypes modded into CoD4 by the community. While CTF never did catch on, even on proven CTF maps, hopefully it will fare better in CoD:WW.
War
A new gametype that will allow you to drive vehicles in Multiplayer.
REWARDING SUCCESS
Did I mention how much we hated the Helo and Airstrikes in CoD4? Sadly, non-player controlled MP elements are back in WW: a fact that was foretold to us by Josh when we interviewed him in BASH 77 last week. Note that CoD:WW has kept a lot of this type of commonality in CoD4, whose gaming engine it is using, so as not to unbalance gameplay.
Recon Plane
Frag three of the enemy without dying and you get to deploy the recon plane. It temporarily shows you the location of your foe on a RADAR box in the top left of your screen. This of course matches the UAV in CoD4.
Artillery Strike
Frag five enemy combatants and you get to select a strike zone on the map. A few seconds later…whammo! The artillery shells hit the target. This of course replaces CoD4’s dreaded aimbot Helo.
Dogs of War
In a bizarre twist, if you frag seven enemy soldiers, you get to release Attack Dogs onto your foe. The dogs chase down and kill the enemy. They will also see out any camped units hiding in the weeds. DoW replaces the CoD4 Airstrike.
ATTACHMENTS
Scopes
Rifles and SMG’s will get aperture sights, telescopic sights and sniper scopes
Bipod
A constant in just about any CoD mod ever developed, a Bipod will be available for snipers and MG’ers. You will be able to use it in the prone position to reduce recoil. This attachment makes us us ask the obvious question: is everything bi- these days?
Enlarging your Magazine
You can add a dual magazine or drum magazine onto your weapon for even more praying and spraying ability.
Suppressors
Suppressors hide muzzle flash and somewhat quiet your weapon - but this will undoubtedly come at a cost as the hit power will be marginally less.
Double-barreled Shotty
A double-barreled shotgun will be available. You can “saw-off” the barrel on these to make the gun an overpowered short distance killing machine. Enormous spread for a short distance. Let the “super-noober-toober” chants begin.
Bayonets
The bayonet allows you to extend the reach of the combat knife. This could be quite interesting as knife vs. bayonet only fights would be quite the spectacle.
Flak-Jacket
The new Juggernaut. A grenade-resistant flak jacket will allow you to survive more punishment - undoubtedly at a cost to movement.
THE PERKS
In CoD4, the more you played, the more stuff you unlocked in the game. These were called perks: better gun, attachment and ability unlocks. As you can imagine, “Perks” became an instant fave online in CoD4. There are fifteen new perks in CoD: WW…many are simply renamed CoD4 perks, but some are brand new and specific to WW.
M2 Flamethrower
High level unlock, the flamethrower has been featured as one of the must-see weapons in CoD: WW.
Pyromaniac
Extends the damage range of your grenades - the WWII version of Sonic Boom
Satchel Charge
WWII’s C4
You can damage infantry and of course tanks if you place them on the treads.
Bouncing Betty
CoD4’s Back-to-the-Future Claymore. These seriously dangerous devices were mines that would spring upward if triggered, spraying fragments at a height that would not just mame …but kill.
Bazooka
Unhappy with your tiny weapon are you? Grab the bazooka. Size does matter and you can destroy tanks with it! Much more destructive than those silly CoD4 RPG’s.
Flak Jacket
The new Juggernaut. Get added health benefits.
Shades
To counter the flare (the CoD: WW flash-bang, which lasts quite a lot longer), you can use “shades” which reduce the blinding effect.
Gas Mask
Reduces the effects of the Tabun nerve gas weapon.
Second Chance
Last-Stand with a twist. As in CoD4’s Perk, when you get fragged, you drop to the ground for a few more seconds with only a pistol as a weapon. You lie there waiting for death…however, in CoD: WW, as reported here a few days ago, the new “Second Chance” perk lets you get resuscitated by a teammate who also has Second Chance. This is a nice idea, but I suspect that it will get both you and your teammate killed more frequently.
Fire Proof
A counter to the Molotov cocktail and the Flamethrower.

Dexterity
The new Sleight-of-Hand. This will allow faster reloads and allows you to throw Molotov’s and set Bouncing Betty’s faster.
Greased Bearings
Allows you to traverse faster with the main gun, and thus get to targets quicker, when you are fighting in a tank.
Ordinance Training
Boost the firing rate of the tank’s main gun.
Water Cooler
The tank’s machine gun can overheat unless you have this perk.
Lead Foot
Boost the speed of your tank.

With it getting closer to the launch date, more news will continue to filter out… after reading through this list … i REALLY cant wait to get stuck into COD : WW !!!

I have also read that friends will be available on the browser … so you can follow through that … rather than xfire etc… will not hold mey breath on this being true yet though lol…