Building my Rig

okay I need an answer, I’m not out to save money on the graphics i want something to last.

The Gigabyte Radeon HD6870 1GB has a core clock of 900MHz and a memory clock of 4200MHz. Outputs: DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI. Right

If I xfire 2 6870 1GB will I have better graphics then the 5870 1GB in the long run? like would it mean that I wouldn’t have to replace them for a damn good while?:sweat:

wha…i…huh?

If they were saying that seagate drives are more reliable I would probably agree, although based on the the few hundred hard drive repair jobs ive done, both samsung and seagate are well well in front of the rest in reliability, so either would be fine in that regard.

I havnt looked into the speed differences between samsungs and seagates, but 7200rpm is the spindle rotation speed, look for something like data transfer or read/write rates for the speeds that actually matter.

yeah more reliable was what they said

nice nice though i agree with nip F3s are the kings of teh standard hdd world

Once again Samsung has produced a simply superb hard disk drive, delivering fantastic sequential and real world performance and, to the undoubted chagrin of the completion, has done so for a bargain price. At just £54.95 the F3 is simply fantastic value and despite proving itself the fastest 1TB+ drive on the market is still £10 cheaper than Seagate’s competing 1TB 7200.12 and £15 cheaper than the Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black. 6p/GB and industry leading performance - you just can’t argue with that.

Samsung has produced a simply stunning drive in the form of the Spinpoint F3 – of that there can be no doubt. The dual platter 7,200RPM design has been optimised in a way that Samsung’s engineers should be commended for giving the F3 such a significant performance advantage over the competition, despite all three major manufacturers shipping drives that, on paper, are so similar.

The only reason the Samsung gets an eight for performance is because SSDs are still faster consumer products. While the market is different for performance storage versus performance mass storage, for those who can afford it we still recommend SSDs such as those from Crucial and OCZ for applications like boot drives.

In short the F3 is an awesome hard disk drive, and while an SSD will still give you a bigger boost in performance and response times, the F3 is very much the next best thing and at a fraction of the £/GB. Get One.

who knows maybe for xmas i’ll ditch my 320gb and 400gb and buy 2 sammys…or 1 and a 60gb ssd :stuck_out_tongue:

ok ok to keep the populace happy…

be happy :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at the reviews and decide for yourself, they have nothing but good comments about them. What the techs told you doesn’t even make sense. Are they trying to say that seagate are more reliable? In that case, I haven’t had one brand that is better than another in that regard.

EDIT: Argh, Dragon beat me.

Xfiring two 6870s will be far quicker than a single 5870. They should last a good amount of time. My current cards have lasted me about 2 years and in reality, they still are holding up fine.

A single 5870 WILL be quicker than a single 6870 as it is a higher spec’ed card. For some reason, the 6870s tend to scale very well, I’ve been looking at some forum posts where users have compared the 6870CF to the 5870CF on the same drivers with the same system specs, and the 6870CF still manages to better them under the benches that were performed. I’ll try and find the link, a quick google search will display plenty of info though.

For a SINGLE CARD, go the 5870
For DUAL CARDS, go the 6870 as they are better value for money.

In regards to the 5870CF vs 6870CF

http://www.overclock.net/ati/861194-poll-6870-cf-5870-cf-12.html

Read from page 12 onwards to see comparisons.

Now that clears up some of my questions Thanks nip.
and I can’t wait to read that link:yahoo:

The 6870 x2 are shit loads better in the long run then the single 5870.
Thanks nip for the link.:yahoo:

There’s a lot of bashing in that thread I posted, you just have to sieve through it. Instead of ATI and Nvidia fans being at each others throats, it’s now 5870 fans against 6870 fans, lmao! Talk about funny.

The general consensus is even on the same drivers on similar spec’ed systems, the 6870s tend to just squeeze past, for the lower price of the cards, it’s a no brainer.

that is true but with the driver updates to come the 6870 will surely strive above the 5870

Go Back to the Coolmaster sniper case.