Building my Rig

looks shit hot … i want it :stuck_out_tongue:

n1 :wink2:

Looks sweet, but why’d the 1000W psu come in???

The 1000 PSUnit wpgraded alot so i rather compinsate for the change.

That looks like a kick ass system. You will be happy with the case, I have one and love it.

Again, question the PSU, you could jump start a small truck with that. Even with 2 high end grafix cards you would utilise its full power.

save $100 and get a CoolerMaster 700W Silent Pro w Modular

I feel like stripping ine down and building it again now…i let you know before I do Nipper as Ill fuk something up and have to call you…lol

That’s a very nice system Sparks. Once again, the PSU is oversized, you would easily power that system with a 750W PSU and still have heaps of headroom.

If you want to save more again, 4GBs of RAM is plenty. If you really think you need 8GBs, then it’s best to chose a 2 x 4GB kit (like you have) as it is less strain on the memory controller than having 4 x 2GB modules, which will make achieving a high OC harder.

LOL, missed this before. I think you’re turning into a PC junkie. Tread lightly or you’ll be following the path of Azalin who started off with a very humble PC, and now he’s running a pimped out weapon with water cooling.

His father plans to run alot of heavy load simulators on the pc. think it’ll handle them easily?

Heavy load can mean anything based on the definition of the person using it. Just go with 8GBs to be safe.

(Assuming simulators refers to engineering/modelling type programs, NOT simulator games)

i’m driving to mackay and stealing that when you build it

i think the psu is fine … might be alot of headroom… but at least it wont need to be looked at for a looong time if at all.

lol… you have a 1020 enermax dont ya nip? … and i bet the load aint far off mine :stuck_out_tongue:

the 1020 might be a slightly better option, the efficiency is great (silver rated) plus its cheaper.

LOL, yeah. I consider my own choices to be overkill though. I generally suggest more realistic specifications to others as it will reduce costs.

By all means, if you have the cash to throw at it, overkill will not make your PC any slower.

i look at it like this … the case and psu should be the one’s you actually future proof… a case that will make sure you have room for all things that pique your curiosity … lots of hdd or a big aircooler or water or cable management and airflow … and a psu to suit your needs … ever have the inkling to go multi cards … if you have the $$ get one of the bigest and best you can … as the next series of cards may just need em. Always just want 1 card… then the most efficient modular one you can $$ is the one … unless you get a ripper bargain ( like mah Zeus :P)

so what we discussed earlier i came up with this (see attachment). overclocking it to the max (will get some advice when it comes time for overclocking)

(i’m too lazy to start a new thread for my own pc) I do realise the SSD is OMFG expensive but this is a computer in the planning so by the time i buy it it’ll probably be cheaper

holy hell thats a weapon lol

Yeah the ssd id just grab a 2.5" as it would be plenty fast enough and not so fast it burnt holes in your pockets :wink:

5870 cf mmmmmhmmmmmmmm. Good board - mine but with usb3

Very nice Hills, but that SSD is a waste of money. As Azalin stated, a 2.5" (regular style) SSD is already blisteringly fast. 60GB is plenty for the OS.

If you are going to CF, my preference would be to go with two 6870s as they scale really well and they are a nice chunk cheaper. If it was single cards, then the 5870 would be my pick, but in crossfire the 6870 keeps up and sometimes beat the 5870CF (and that’s on premature drivers too).

6870CF beats 5870CF in BC2.

Even in Crysis Warhead which is a demanding game.

2 Frames behind in MW2.

The 6870CF is even quicker in Vantage.

Frankly, you can save $160 on the cards and still have something that will keep up and sometimes get the better of the dearer 5870s. The 6870 is only going to get better with newer drivers too.

took your advise and ended with this

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/Hills505/gamesystem.png

Good chunk cheaper.

Out of curiosity, why did you change the Samsung F3s (which are $10 cheaper) for the Seagate Barracudas? The F3 is the quickest 1TB HDD you can buy.

techs were telling me the seagate holds the memory better they both run the 7200/s i might change back i dunno

i probably will change back im just fiddling with it is all