Black Ops

http://gamersunited.net.au/forums/showthread.php/585-Looking-for-in-game-Admins?p=1351#post1351

Get your ass’s over there girls!

I find Black Ops good in terms of gameplay and moving, feels a lot like playing Cod 4 to me. I quite enjoy it, unlike the two shitty Cods that came prior to this one. Its pretty fast paced, might be a bit of a stretch for you old fellas az.

If im not mistaken prestige also unlocks some pro perks? or is it just completing an obscene amount of challenges to get the pro perks?

Nah you don’t need to prestige to get the pro perks, they’ve just got conditions you need to meet. When you’ve got the perks menu up, right clight and it’ll show you what needs to be done. Some of em you’d have to work at with intent because you’d be unlikely to do it randomly. Having said that I’ve unlocked 2 of em (slieght of hand being 1) just by playing.

But yeh, I’m with Tel on the controls, I find it feels almost exactly like CoD4 (+ I love the sprint dive addition :D) for me, feels a hell of a lot sharper than BC2.

(+ I love the sprint dive addition :D)

Fuken stupid mate…if you dive your aim should at least be fuked up for a while. That Duck Diving in Bf2 was outlawed!!! ( No Cabby this is not an excuse to post the video again)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

the only good thing that dolphin dive is good for is clearing the staircase on the first section of zombies lol

???/ What…do you run and stage dive into them…lol

the dive does disable your aim and firing for a second so i don’t know what you’re sooking about Chilli

^ he has a point

Yeh I never use the dive to actually fight, it gets me killed more often than not (maybe you’re thinking of jump then prone? but I dunno if that works). I only really use it to make a last ditch effort to get behind cover or get away from a nade.

the dive does disable your aim and firing for a second so i don’t know what you’re sooking about Chilli

There is History

Many brave men have died at the hands of a duck diver…I have seen too much…and carry bitter memories…:><:

LOL :laugh:

Call of Duty: Black Ops dev explains plans for knives and sniper rifles

[Tom Senior |             					[URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/category/news/"]News](http://www.pcgamer.com/author/tomsenior/) | 08/12/2010 17:07pm              				
     					[27 Comments](http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/08/call-of-duty-black-ops-dev-explains-plans-for-knives-and-sniper-rifles/#comments) 						

Some recent forum posts have revealed Treyarch’s plans to fine  tune the sniper file and knife attacks, hoping to address complaints  that sniper rifles are too weak, and knife lunge is too powerful. The  changes will hit in the next Call of Duty: Black Ops update, and you can  read about them below.

These are the planned changes for sniper rifles, as announced by Treyarch developer Vahn on the Call of Duty: Black Ops forums:

[LIST]
[]Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
[
]Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
[/LIST]

Treyarch caused some controversy when they removed the ability to quickscope with a sniper rifle, and admit that it has weakened the weapon as a choice. Vahn says “we stopped Quick Scoping for the most part. We mostly invalidated a sniper winning a battle with a Shotgun or SMG at close range. This was the goal. However, this has come at a pretty large cost to sniping in general.” Beyond the changes listed above, there are more tweaks planned to fine tune the sway of the scope when aiming, but these will come in later updates.
As for the knife, Vahn had this to say.
“We’ve made some changes to the knife tunables that will be available in the next game update.
We are not currently planning to remove the lunge, make the knife a 2 hit kill in the front, or make you pull it out to use it. These are all good community suggestions that are appropriate for a future game that has a Barebones or Pure version.
That said, after thinking about a bit more, it seemed reasonable that we could do additional (and larger) experiments on the lunge and swipe ranges and see how they play out.”
Fore more Call of Duty: Black Ops goodness, check out the Call of Duty: Black Ops Mythbusters video, and our pick of the eight funniest [URL=“http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/22/8-funniest-call-of-duty-black-ops-kills/”]Call of Duty: Black Ops kills.

good to see snipers getting fixed, so many times my crosshair has been on them and nothing

the last one is great

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nv13PQWS5E[/ame]

that is actually awesome. im going to shoot down a valkyrie tonight.

he was beside the RPG…he didnt dive over it…BUSTED

Patch is live mentlegen!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4792

Call of Duty: Black Ops

[LIST]
[]Improved threading performance on computers with only 2 cores.
[
]Additional performance optimizations
[]Added an option to pre-cache all shaders during load time. This fixes hitching related to shader compiling on some video cards when viewing an area of the map for the first time.
[
]Fixed random freezes in certain computer configurations.
[]Allow Team Change on Ranked servers when it does not unbalance teams (this is a server admin option).
[
]Allow Team Change grace period at start of match (server admin option).
[]Added 4 more reserved slots (server admin option)
[
]Added /connect
[]Improved quickmatch results (server side change)
[
]Fix for watching films through Combat Record
[]Fixed compassSpectatorsSeeEnemies exploit
[
]Fixed 3rd person fov exploit
[]Fix for infinite supply drop exploit.
[
]Fixed crosshair flickering when stereo is active.
[]Various spawn improvements
[
]Various sound improvements
[]Fix for Zombies – Teammate shadows not displayed properly.
[
]Fix for radar not staying on in One in the Chamber when it should.
[]In a Domination match, the Position Secured medal is no longer delayed.
[
]‘Hardened: Equipment Shot’ Challenge can now be completed by destroying a ‘Camera Spike’.
[]Fix for choppy final killcam in dedicated servers.
[
]Various map glitches fixed.
[]Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
[
]Added mixed hardcore playlist
[]Added mixed barebones playlist
[
]Added 12 player versions of all playlists
[/LIST]

Rcon

[LIST]
[]Reduced timeout values. Connect (or failure to connect is faster).
[
]Added all white-listed dvars for Ranked and Unranked. Admins have rcon access to ALL available dvars.
[]Added Settings and Console tabs for Ranked servers.
[
]Fixes a bug where the “Server” tab doesn’t update values when connecting to a new server.
[]Added version number to the title bar.
[
]Fixed a bug where UI state didn’t persist after switching to another server.
[]Added “disconnect” button.
[
]Fixed map “set” to not use admindvar.
[]Changed all dvars which could be possibly float, to float. Mostly these are time-type dvars.
[
]Fixed bug where entering a value of zero for Message Duration would cause a unhandled exception error
[*]Truncated all message fields to 140 chars
[/LIST]

Out of curiousity are there people who would be keen for Blops scrims, even tho there is no ladder to speak of as yet? Several offers have come through for 5v5 SnD. I’ll try organise some if people wanted to do it just for fun. I’d be doing this early next year rather than now, but gauging interest always helps.

yes, 1000 times yes