Admin Meeting - Tuesday 10th November - 9:30pm AEDT

Hey Fellas

Would like to have another quick admin meeting next Tuesday Night (I think a couple have exams on the tuesday? Which is why I figured it’s better than monday night). Just to catch up re: where we’re heading with regards to CoD4.

Also think we should try and get all members in for a meeting after we’ve had 10 or so minutes to catch up, and get some feedback from them.

As a clan, and as a gaming community, I think we’re really coming towards a crossroads. Interest in CoD4 has faded over the past couple of months, most likely due to the imminent release of MW2, and because it’s only natural that after 2 years, people are starting to get a bit bored of it. There’s still plenty of questions surrounding the potential success/failure of MW2, and wether it will/wont be the game that gives us a chance to bring both the CoD4 and BF2 (which is basically dead) divisions together.

The other thing I wanted to throw out there is… Dare I say it, the introduction of HON/LOL type games to the clan (as in, teams on ladders, if possible? - Rav, Johann, I’m looking at you 2 :p) I know it’s not popular with all members, but thinking more from a community perspective, they’re the sort of games that can help us keep the community together, as we look for ways in which we can move forward as an entire clan competitively.

please no :stuck_out_tongue: that would be painful… not sure if there is a ladder thingy for those games yet, they are still in BETA as far as i know.

Thought LOL’s full release was sometime early this month? But yeah, not saying it’s a definite thing, just a suggestion/something worth investigating.

http://www.cybergamer.com.au/pc/hon/ladder/

Im not fussed what games we play … if a group enjoy it and want to play competitive … go for it i reckon.

Im still going to reinstall WaW as the patches and map packs have improved the game heaps… and ut will bring some variety.

NO HON!!! and you can’t ladder with lol yet, well not for a while at least

The prob we’ve kinda got is the split, half prefer HoN, the others prefer LoL. LoL is still in open beta for a couple more weeks. You know anything about how the ladder system will work carbz?

Borderlands is great fun but it isn’t competetive, only 4 ppl coop, plus it won’t last that long once we’ve run through the story once or twice.

I’m waiting til MW2 is actually out and people are playing it before I make a final verdict, but it seems unlikely anything competetive will be around for a while. After playing last night, I for one feel I could quite easily go another season or two of cod4. Maybe when this season closes down and we look to rebuild delta we might also wanna see if ppl in oscar or charlie want a reshuffle. Blade for one has been saying this’ll be his last season (although he’s been saying that since 2 seasons back :P) so maybe some wanna tone it down, or maybe some Oscars wanna go a bit more hardcore (although at the moment there’s practically no difference in the squads). In any case I agree bringing the rest of OE in after the admin talk, cause this does involve everyone.

yeah … as it stands i would say GA will go again … and CG no doubt will … might even dwindle down to 1 squad in each for the next season for those who are still keen to keep truckin … as if 1/2 the squads are over it … pointless trying to keep running it for that ladder …

I know me and Patty both want to step up and be more competitive, tired of lack of motivation from the rest of the team etc, so if some Charlie people want to step down, I’m sure we have enough that want to push to be competitive again.

Ladder’ing with games like HON would be a bad idea, not trying to be harsh, but playing with a team full of some of the OE people is painful. :><:

:laugh: I thought you might say something like that

lol and then everyone ends up annoyed at each other :stuck_out_tongue: those types of games are always full of rage, at the lans i go to, people wont play them because of the rage, pretty funny really.

but its about the members, so if they want to play, i’d say do it. most of them need all the practice they can get it :stuck_out_tongue:

Well delta definitely needs 2-3 more full timers to get back on track … and ill find out what the charlie members are keen to do after this season … but if a couple want to chill out … then im more than happy to keep on going with the oscar guys that are keen to continue ( ie Patty and you rav and others)

Perhaps get them thinking at the meeting and have a decision made by the end of finals regarding the 3 squads ( end of dec id say finals will wrap up) … and then mw2 will have had a month to see where its at

I dont think Mw2 will provide a solution to the BF2 community. The reason Bf2 is/was preferred was the size of the maps and diversity in strategic options. Im pretty sure MW2 is still small maps based although they do look slightly bigger and there look to be some imprevments to squad play.

Bf3, god fuking forbid it ever comes out…(it will probably include TS3 on the disk…lol) will be the game to watch out for.

If this brings together the massive maps of bf2, the squad funtionality of bf2 but with the graphics of COD, then its going to be the biggest fuking game for the next 3 years.

Dabble in crap and we will attact crap people.

I suggest we restructure the current teams and run two that are expremely active. Id prefer them both in the same ladder to create two very competitive teams as well.

With two teams on rotation, scrims, training and internal matches, everyone should be getting a run.

We just need admins who are really going to ensure the calander is full.

Im in for Tuesday, there are a couple of other things Tim and I want to cover off with everyone so please, everyone do your best to be there for this one.

I think bf3 is part of a triple pack Chilli :

BF3 + TS3 + Duke Nukem Forever … gonna be massive !!!

lol

I’ll be at the meeting.

When mentioning HON/LOL Chilli, I don’t mean use them as games to build a larger member base (or as games we would actively recruit for), so much as games to help keep our current member base active and keep them as part of the community. In any case, kind of a harsh comment :p, we’ve unfortunately had our fair share of crap members from the games we’re active in over the past couple years.

Don’t forget Starcraft 2…

well BF:BC2 will have dedicated servers, we may see clan action there

also 9:30 is fine by me

Yeah should be there.

Tim, you and i need to catch up…im away Fri and Sat. Let me know when your around

sounds like a man date

9:30pm AEDT remember, that’s 8:30pm QLD time.