Xmltv mediaportal

couple of quick questions nip downloaded free epg and installed under vista 64 x86 programfiles
the problems i’m having is that when you download the .xml file it will not save it in the epgstream directory or any directory that is in the x86 program files directory. i put this down to permisions but it has full control so fucks me. if worst comes to worsted i can always install it somewhere else.

question 2 - i did get it kinda set up in the tv server but for some unknow reason ONE HD, sbs2 and a few other channels weren’t matching up in the channel list

be nice when you got time to post a couple of screenies of what i should be looking at also i turned off the epg on the cards themselves as i was reading some where that some of them had problems with it crashing MP (which mine does occasionly)
Thanks mate i’ll try and catch ya on ts

OK, I’ll try and answer your questions as accurately as I can, if I miss anything then just ask again.

Firstly this is the directory I save the XMLTV database file in, note that you NEED to name it “tvguide.” It also must be in the same directory as the xmltv.dtd (Document Type Definition) file, otherwise the tvguide.xml won’t know what it’s doing.

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv vguide.xml

Here is a pic of where you set it.

I’ll also just note that the program I use for my XMLTV data is made by epgstream. If you are using something different, it shouldn’t matter as long as you can change the directory of where the XMLTV file is being saved.

It’s up to you where you choose to download the xmltv database to but you MUST have it in the same directory as the DTD and you must specify the directory like this in the MP TV server configuration.

Once that is correct, you should be able to press the “import” button and you will see that it says beside “import status:” tvguide.xml : File imported successfully.

OK, I think that should cover that question.

Question 2. Can you provide a bit more detail on what is wrong? Are the channels not showing up in MP, or just with the TV Guide data? If it is the latter then I can answer that now.

You can search for the channels if they aren’t getting automatically downloaded through your epg program, like this.

If they are downloading correctly, then you need to go into the xmltv plugin in the MP TV server configuration and specify which guide belongs to which channel like this.

(note, I am using the Victorian One HD guide because the Tassie one doesn’t work, lol)

Just make sure that you have your xmltv guide set up correctly first though, otherwise you won’t be able to find any tv guide data. You also need to click on the “Load/Refresh” button before the list of channels will pop up under the Mappings tab in that screen shot I posted. After you have all the channels set correctly, make sure you click “save” before you quit.

Also, yes it’s a good idea to turn off the epg on the cards, we have no use for it here anyway in Australia.

yep cool pretty much everything i’ve done except the dtd file can you just copy that off epgstream directory to the mediaportal/xtml folder

I can’t remember where it is by default but when you find it, yes you can just copy it to the MP xmltv file. If you can’t find the default directory, I can just send you the dtd file over xfire.

Edit: I’ll attach it here just in case. I had to zip it so I could attach it to this post as DTDs aren’t a recognised file.

cheers mate will look at it when i get home tommorrw

yeh nip all working now had to right click on the #@#king xmltv downloader file and click run as administrator thought you could right click on the install to make it do that but obviously not.
another quick question i noticed in windows 7 MCE that it highlighted things like news in one colour and movies in another so you could flick thru the guide just looking at the movies wondering if you know of anything that does that in MP or if it does that in 1.1

also last week i painstakingly setup nearly every button on my remote lol pain in the arse

Good going woven. Nah, I don’t think MP can set colours for the TV Guide but I could be wrong, I might have a look later to see if you can do it.

Haha, yeah I know how annoying it can be setting up all the buttons on a remote, had to do it myself. If you buy a current MCE remote like the one I bought for mum and dad, it works 100% straight away, very handy.

i think mine is a mce remote or was advertised as such but it the imon software that screws with it, which i have to run if i want the frontview( which is shit any how can’t even read unless you 2 foot from it stupid thermaltake)

Yeah the Imon software is what would be causing you to rebind every button. There’s no way around it as you have said as you wouldn’t want to lose the front screen.

Edit:

Just had a look on the forum, there may be something handy in there for you but it’s a long thread.

sweet been looking for some thing like this i’ll go through it on the weekend when i’ve got some time ta mate

Actually,everyone desires to be standing out from others, here, our discount handbagsand MBT Shoes will make your dream come true,which will also help you show your charm ,the louboutin shoes and discount [url=http://www.christianlouboutinmy.com/christian-louboutin-anemone-stiletto-pumps-black-p-67.html]MBT Shoesdesigned by [url=http://www.bootsluxury.com/]christian louboutinwilladd your mature personality,that is not far to be satisfied, we are proud to recommend to you louis vuitton handbags and [url=http://www.handbagcom.com/discount-designer-handbags-brown-p-771.html]designer handbags will make you obsession again,well,[url=http://www.christianlouboutinmy.com/]replica handbagsbelongs to handbags,we have a guarantee on top quality and reasonable price,ugg classic talland UGG Classic Short with Ultra-wide size,ugg boots with ultra-low prices, which is a super good opportunity for you to make up your mind,you couldn’t miss it,just Come for shopping!