Wireless Controller

Im a little confused. Im looking a a couple of extra controllers on EBAY and they come with an external wireless transmitter?:

Is this because the are cheap rip offs?

I know the original ones down need any external USB transmitter.

Can find the answers on GOOGLE

Can you show us the link of the controllers in question?

though it maybe the most expensive, u can use a proper 360 controller with an adapter

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-SIX-Axis-Dualshock3-Wireless-Controller-f-Sony-PS3-/220663901019?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item336097eb5b

I’m assuming you want the controller for the PS3, not your PC.

I’m not 100% on this but I remember reading ages ago about 3rd party controllers that come with those USB dongles are fakes. The genuine DS3 controller does not need a USB dongle of any kind to work.

My only other suggestion is that it is a BT adapter for a PC, but I’d put my money on it being a cheap wireless controller that can’t use Sony’s integrated wireless solution, so they give you a USB receiver instead.

It will probably still work fine, if it’s crap you haven’t really lost that much.

I can confirm now that only Sony make controllers that don’t need the additional USB receiver. So it seems that any 3rd party company that makes controllers for the PS3 need to provide a receiver in order to get it to work with the console.

The plus side is that you may be able to use it with your PC too.

100% agree with what nipper says … the sony controllers use the blue tooth built into the system

they are $90 - 100 from Harvey Norman

but you can get genuine controllers from ebay for like 30 bucks

pccg has a sony authorised ferrari controller which looks awesome and is only 59 bucks

im buying it

Haha, that looks mad. Has PC support too. Just note that it uses wifi and not bluetooth, so I assume that means it will come with a USB dongle, nothing wrong with that though.

Also needs AA, I’m guessing that the standard sony controller has an internal rechargeable battery. No biggie though, just buy some rechargeable AAs and your set.