[Website Update] How Threads are Marked as 'Read'

Hi guys,

I have changed the ‘how threads and forums are marked as read’ option on the forums to try and fix a few problems some members have been having; threads arent being marked as ‘read’ after they have been.

I have changed the setting from ‘cookie based’ to ‘database based - automatic updating’.

Because this setting has been changed, the database does not know which threads you have viewed recently, so it takes a guess and displays all posts made recently as unread.

You will have to mark all forums as read to updated your personal database, and let it know that you have actually read those threads.

[CENTER][SIZE=4]You can mark all forums as read - to update your personal database - by clicking >>HERE<<.[/SIZE]
[/CENTER]

After you’ve done this, everyones ‘thread marking’ problem should be sorted, as now the database will store which threads you’ve read, rather than the previous system which checked your private cookies (some browsers tend to stuff this for some reason).

Hopefully this has fixed the problem. Let me know if it hasnt, or if this new method is causing problems.

Just a reminder to all when it comes to the ‘Number of Un-read Posts’ link that appears in your profile box on the top right hand side of the forums;

If you wish to clear this and make all posts marked as ‘read’, simply click on Quick Links in the menu, and click ‘Mark Forums Read’.