WaW servers going down

12/15/08
[COLOR=#deb939]All Platforms – Downtime Notice for 12/16/08 – Maintenance[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#deb939][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#deb939][/COLOR]
There will be some in-game downtime tomorrow, December 16 2008, as we perform scheduled maintenance on the Call of Duty: World at War backend servers. This will affect all platforms and will take place between the hours of 11:00 – 13:00 GMT.
During that time, you will not be able to play in any online Multiplayer matches or Co-Op games. Afterwards, it shall be back to “business as usual”, and you will be able to sign in and play any of the online components once again.
We apologize in advance for the inconvenience, and appreciate the continued patience and support!

I think it’s fair to say that CoD5 has been a bit of a failure with the new accounts system.

bit of a fail full stop more like it… lol…

yeh cod5 has been a total fail game, theres way to many problems with it for what it is

Had so much potential, but Treyarch have done their best to screw it up. Still enjoyable enough imo for an occasional game.

im with patty, i dont mind jumping in it from time to time, but to play it everyday like we do with cod4… not gonna happen, lol…

i tip a cod4 map pack to come out from activision in a few mths to tide the cod community over until mw2 arrives ( prolly nov ).

I don’t think it’s that bad, it’s no where near as good as cod4, I thought this would happen, but a lot of people including some on this forum got swept up in the hype and started thinking that cod4 servers were going to disappear. I have enjoyed this game more then Far Cry 2 (which I will get back into soon) even though the single player campaign was very short. For everybody who thought CoD4 was going to die in the ass take in this current event and remember for next time: Any game that is consistantly the most played online game for it’s genre, for a period longer then 12 months will more then likely still be around when the next hyped up game comes out.

If we got a team going, I would definately by part of it, this game has some really nice things about it.

im just against it simply due to the server side issues that arent being resolved quickly enough … and the ignorance of the linux community …on major boards world wide … lots of ppl are just dumbfounded that treyarch can handle pr and community relatiosn so badly. ( dont take codhq as an eg… they are all 12 yr old twits there for the most part) … but its hurting servers and destroyed linux server hosting completely ( quite alot of yankees have turned their machiines over to something else ( no point renting servers and not be able to use lol).

game itself i love … and will continue to play … but to offer a game and a first patch that doesnt even support comp functions ( mod tools were delayed, not even a record ability) shows where they are looking … at a 1 yr life span … i really thought it was going to be done/handled alot better.

i wonder if they will make a cod6? and where will it be set if they do? the 70s? vietnam sort of thing?

its already announced man, i read its going to be into the future slightly (not far though) so they can put their on spin on weapons or something.

Modern Warfare 2