Virus?

Hey dude,

As of this morning my windows explorer seems to want to open on its own accord at random times … and ati CCC wont load anymore. Also, my xfire wont load on start up either(manually start it no prob).

I redid the ati drivers a few times for no love.

Ran CCleaner to remove all temp shit and now ive lost my favorites list in IE … zzzz

Only thing i can think of is a virus … or a windows update didnt go as planned … i checked and am “up to date”.

Other than that i havent done anything …

doesn’t sound good Az.
Good luck!!

Sounds retarded.

Problem with viruses is that there are so many that I could not possibly say whether it is one or not.

Have you any antivirus software on the PC that you could use to scan the pc? It may not pick up on anything anyway. Easiest thing to do would be to do a system restore to a prior date and see if that fixes it. Other than that you could try and do a repair installation. Last thing to do would be a reformat but I can imagine that you don’t want to do that.

Never fear … fixed it.

Problem turned out being that my user profile in windows had been hidden. So the IE favorites wouldnt show, xfire wouldnt auto load, and ati ccc couldnt load. Fuck knows why windows explorer popped up a few times …

Culprit : my 3 1/2 yr old daughter … looks like its back to paswords again lol

LOL

really wasnt somethiing i was looking for though lol. google lead me in a myriad of circles. It was browsing windows explorer and seeing my favs there but not loading …

Lol yes don’t let young kids near computers it amazing how they can open/change various settings in 2secs which can then take hours to rectify lol…(I’ve felt your pain az):yes:

so do i az password ftw