Tweaks

has anyone come across any yet?

How can I play Battlefield 3 using my Steam overlay?
- Disable Origin’s overlay (click the gear/cog and go to the “in game” settings tab).

• In Steam, add Origin.exe as a non-steam game to your library.
  • Launch the Origin shortcut from your Steam library, then launch BF3.[B]

How do I display my FPS (frames per second)?
[/B]- While in-game hold Ctrl + Alt + S. The screen’s upper left corner will show your frame rate.
[B]

If you are experiencing Battlefield 3 black screen issues:[/B]

• Update to the latest video card drivers.

If things seem blurry or seemingly unresponsive:

• Disable motion blur in your graphics settings

If players look like they’re “floating” in tunnels and dark spaces:

• Re-enable HBAO in your graphics settings

If your graphics preferences don’t seem to be saving:

• Restart the game as some of the settings are can’t change ingame.

If you get the install Error: “Battlefield 3 (BF3) Install Fails, Cannot Install”

• This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.

If you can’t see your menu or HUD:

• This is a new problem that occurs when using triple monitors (Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity). There is no fix yet, except to run your monitors individually instead of in Surround/Eyefinity.

If you get the error “ERR_LOGIN_DISPLAYTOS” or Cannot join Battlelog

• This is a server issue and out of your control. The BF3 team is aware of it and are working towards a fix.

If you’re stuck at the “Joining Server” message or experience long load times on Win 7 64-bit systems

• Start regedit
  • Browse to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WoW6432Node/EA Games
  • Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Games\Battlefield 3
  • Try to launch the game and join game servers, and it should work.

A rather good guide that looks like it will be revisited a bit - worth a read through :slight_smile:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1323124&mpage=1#1323124

Im trying the latest beta drivers for nvidia now to see if it helps the dx error I get

Good stuff.