Transfering Files to Cd

Downloaded CS5 trial version.

trying to load it on a disk but seems to be getting error messages.

DVD R+ disk.

Is there a trick to this?

is it in iso form … or an exe ( like the one i d/l) ?

a folder with lots of files…:blink:

I found that my cd/dvd burner wouldnt accept +R discs and will only burn on to -R discs, perhaps your burner is limited also?

Are you using any burning software such as nero/imgburn, or just trying to use the native windows burner. I’ve never really had great success using the standard windows one.

What nicky said could also be true, I’m sure my first burner could only accept a certain format of disk, but anything made in the last few years shouldn’t really have this limitation, or to put it another way, I’d be surprised if it did.

I was suprised as well Nip, I only bought my comp 3 months ago and i got a “ASUS DRW-22B2ST” which is supposed to support both. However when I put the disc in my computer, and it started the initial “formatting disc” thing, an error came up and said that my burner did not support that disc format :yucky:

But the weird thing is that just now I put another one of those +R discs in to get the exact error message, and it never happened, the burner accepted it and im burning some files on to it now :blink: So i dunno wtf is happening sighhh :><:

In any case, trying a -R disc might help Chilli :ermm:

Haha, at times like those all you can do is curse computers, they all have their little tantrums every now and again.

If your on XP you have to use nero or something as it cant burn DVD’s native as vista and 7 can.

Otherwise it could be the burner doesn’t like the disc. Its not unusual for certain brands of writable discs to be rejected by the burner as different brands use different methods.

Xp Fail

Easiest thing to do first would be to download some burning software.

Nero is ever popular, I personally find it a bit bulky. If you want a copy, you need to buy it, cough cough.

Imgburn is nice, simple, slim and free.

There are plenty of others but they are the two I’ve ever really used.

thanks heaps guys and gals