Tinkering with Old Box(es)

A few of ya know ive accumulated a couple of old p4’s and are tinkering with them. Got another one of OCAU ( picked it up finally today). Another oldie, but got a p4c800 e mobo ( rather than the 661fx style matx shit of the others)

full specs of the beasty :

2.8Ghz Northwood P4 CPU
P4C800 Mobo
1GB Corsair DDR PC3700 Ram
Ati X800 Pro Gpu
Coolermaster Wave Case (aluminium)
Soundblaster pro
17" Viewsonic VG710b LCD

The lcd might be dodgy from what he said ( blurry screen and waaay to briht etc) but ill check that as from my first peek the gpu wasnt connected too crash hot …so will see what comes.

For a small mid tower, this CM Wve case is shit hot. Like most custom sorts back then, its built like a brick shit house, all aluminuim, nice removable mobo tray. Overall im bloody impressed by it hey … would never have thought it from its age.

So im gonna untangle the freakin birds nest he put inside, clean everything and then fit a hdd and fire it up … be a good kids /htpc … cost $50 and the best bit is i get to tinker with something… as my fuckin parcel from TKR still isnt here ffs. lol.

case review for those interested here

finished it up today. Installing w7 atm.

Ended up with a mini win.

gpu is actually the x800xt

sound card is actually a SB Audigy 2 ZS

and its got an Antec 550w true power psu

not too bad at all!

Can’t complain for that price. Looks like a prime system for a media server.

Impressed with the apparent build quality of the case, can’t say I’m surprised though. I’ve witnessed and used many classic/older objects that have better build quality than their throw away, modern equivalents.

looks a little better now :yes: