The Wrestler

Anyone seen this yet?

Bloody awesome movie. Well the movie itself wasn’t a Transformers A Star wars or an Lord of the Rings awesome type of movie but WOW, I can see why Micky Rourke won awards for it. A real gut and grit, but sad movie. Perhaps the people who were not around when he was young wont appreciate the transformation this guy has made.

In a way, the movie is like his life. He fuked it up! But this is a real good performance!

Yeah Chilli, I have seen it and loved it. Everyone loves seeing a comeback, such as his character in this film and his own life as an actor.

In a way the low budget films that seem to have a lack of special effects, seem to be the movies that actually have better stories to them these days. I can’t think of one film that has been released recently that has kept me interested, possibly Public Enemies as I love crime movies. I forgot about the Dark Night which was a great movie also, excluding all the hype that was brought about with the death of Heath Ledger.

You mentioned that this movie was “no transformers” but if you ask me, transformers has nothing going for it other than the special effects, the story was absolute shit. No denying the awesomeness of Star Wars and LOTR though, as one is from the era when big films actually had good stories and the other was based on a very well known novel by a fantastic author.

This movie was a real surprise to me as I was sceptical about seeing it as I didn’t know much of Mickey Rourke as an actor, goes to show that there are still some people out there who get what it means to write a good script that doesn’t rely on inducing CGI vomit constantly throughout a movie instead of actually telling a story.

Yer your right, Transformers shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Star Wars and LOTR…lol

haha, it’s a good movie from certain aspects but it isn’t a masterpiece.

Not bad Not Great watchable…