The many many deaths of PC gaming

as its PC Gaming Week (which is about to end) on Kotaku i’d thought I’d post this, worth the watch

alot of the comments are from developers who are solely console based.

I would go into a massive rant as to why these people are ****tards but really i cbf, so i’ll put this here

What this also means is that listening to your community is key. PC developers should absolutely be on their own forums, listening and gathering player feedback. We have to engage in a dialogue about our game, its features, what should be improved and what players think about every aspect of the game. The future of PC gaming is being responsive to players and letting them decide the direction and priorities of game development.

At Riot Games we have a larger team working on League of Legends now than at any other time during the game’s development (and we’re looking to hire more). We are dedicated to improving the player experience and have worked on almost every aspect of the game since launch. With new content and game updates every two weeks, we’ve been able to vastly enhance the game from where it was at launch. We’ve improved the tech, art and polish of our game drastically. Our community has also helped by giving us their opinions on development and what we should be focusing on. As a direct result, League of Legends has become popular enough for us to plan for new features and content to be added for years to come.

This is good news for PC gamers - it means that in the future they will be able to shape the games they are playing and enjoying. It means that the games will be better and more refined in areas players care about most, because that is what developers will have to prioritize. It means the future of PC Gaming is bright for the players.

thats from the President of Riot Games, who make League of Legends