South-West Sydney Lan 2

so wat happens if i dont have the games you guys want to play?

I CHALLENGE j00 to starcraft 2 when it comes out

oh Liikkz…

you… are going… TO DIE >.>

well thats why a list is a good idea, so we can see the games we have in common and stuff.

ok, i dont have a games list but i am sorting out a sharing program to use so we can share games and data between computers.

One problem i found out when i went to the LAN last Saturday is that we can not play MW2 via LAN. only able to play over the net :><:

So i think we will mainly be playing COD4, Grid, Maybe an RTS or two.
This may suck a little, as this is the first time i have organised a LAN.
Especially one of this size.

Will let you all know the numbers i have for the night next weekend and let you know how much we are up for each to pay for the hall.

Just use DC++ for your file sharing, works much the same as bittorrent. Works a treat for file sharing at LANs.

yeah, got that when i went to the LAN the other week.
Most likely end up using it, just got to make sure i know how to set up it up :laugh:

I’m not 100% on this but…

As long as all the PC’s are networked together, which they will be as you are Local Area Networking, you just need to tell DC++ the directory of all the files you want to share. If you and everyone else does this, you should all be able to share files easily, all whilst gaming at the same time.

Sweet. I am going to test run the set up on Friday night. If i don’t get it working, i have one of the people from the Bargo LAN that is willing to help.

Another thing to consider is to make sure everyone has the latest patches for all their games. I assume we wont have access to the net so we can tdo updates or anything.

yeah, great idea chum. will let everyone know to have there games up to date.
cheers

Everyone still in for next weekend so far???
Thinking of getting pizza delivered for dinner, interested???

yeah im still 100%, any idea on cost as of yet?

yeah, about $25.

Nearly forgot to ask you guys to bring a power pack for connecting you computer.
I’ve got Cat cables, power extension leads and the switch for everyone but don’t have enough power packs.

We are working on ways to reduce the entry cost but it will take us a little time to work it out.

We will have cans of drinks to buy and they will be cheap.

it better be as good as it sounds so far…i said no to a female’s 18th birthday on saturday because i had ‘prior arrangements’…at least i have my priorities sorted :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t promise anything but i will try my best to make it a good night.
Especially with all the money i have spent to make this happen.
(fingers crossed) :wink2:

UPDATE:
Letting everyone know that you wont need to bring a power pack.
I will be providing 2 power points for each person now.
If you require more plugs, you are welcome to bring your power pack still.

See you all on Saturday. :shades:

Any ideas of what games i need to install?

cod, grid, some other game like warcraft or sumtin haha.

Hey i was in mw2 last night iceman, and you know how it shows ‘intel’ when maps are loading, it said play LAN or private match with the private server function, maybe it can be played on LAN in offline mode?

generals is always a good quick rts … .and from some previous vwar coments im sure LiikkZ played it a bit lol

Will check when there but have a wireless connection just in case we have to get approvals for a lan game. will give it a go!!!