Popularity

Hey dudes,

was in the games store the other day and was considering grabbing the bf2 collection (game and exp. packs) …

is the online community still very strong ?

i know you guys play and war with bf2 so was just wondering… need another online game to offset my cod4 … and am over source games…or do i wait for cod5 … ?

As to the bf2 community … still plenty of servers for individuals … or mainly targeting group / clan play … i played single player for quite a bit when i was netless so enjoy the game … just havent played online is all.

Cheers

Az

Heaps of Servers…Some with vehicles Tanks Planes etc, some infantry only. All of them are set up for individuals but you have more fun playing with mates. Simply because when you get hit you have a mate near by to revive you. As an Individual you feel proud when you take some dude out, only for one of his clan mates to replace him and slaughter you…well thats a bit of an exaggeration but should you buy it you will enjoy it more hooking up with us in a server, good results are all about team work

I dont think COD5 will be released as soon as everyone would like to think, not when COD4 is still so strong. Activision would be shooting themselves in the foot if they released it in the next 6 monts.

The reason I like BF2 so much is because where else can you play on such massive maps and play with such variety of kits and vehicles.Gone are the days when we used to fly planes and choppers, these days we normally stick to infantry only, occasionally venturing across to tanks APC’s etc.

I swearif you buy it and hook up with us, given you can shoot straight:ermm: you will enjoy it more than you want to…plus, if you get into chasing medals/badges…as BF2 has shiploads of awards/stats…you will really get hooked.

Dont worry about the expansions…whilst they are fun, bugger all servers run them and less people play them.

best be getting a second hand copy of it, tho i would ask if it has been banned or not… as buying a online banned game is very arverage…
tho you only really need BF2 + Special Forces as there are not any AF or EF servers in aus any more, and due to international Pings its very hard to play on US or European servers.

tho if you want the second lot of Unlocks once you have BF2 and played for abit feeel free to pm me with your account details the other weapons make online play so much better

Personally i wouldnt bother with the ‘expansions’. Just get the normal game, very few people play them, and as pugs mentioned the servers for these mods are limited.

But the standard bf2 is defiantly worth getting!

Looking forward to owning you.

just buy Vanilla and SF for the extra unlocks…

Cheers dudes … i reckon ill get it… legit this time so i can die online in yet another game… i should start playing a bit more … get some semblance of skill back…

btw cod5 is earmarked for xmas chilli :slight_smile:

and its WWII :frowning:

Christmas…Yer Yer…lol

Yeah just get bf2 and let someone login and play a game of SF to get all the SF unlocks for you. Unless you want to try the expansion maps. I dont even know if there are any Aussie SF servers anymore??

As for the games popularity it’s evening back up with COD4 again http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

GA has 2 SF servers only the warlord one gets a lot of use, and only when its full the other one starts to fill up.

SF is fun, to a point but the one map gets alot tiring tho i pop in there from time to time to play with some regulars.

you will need to download the 1.41 patch 536MB and Highway Tampa map pack.

some of the non ranked mods are fun but get samey after a few days playing

As for Cod5, isn’t that going to follow in the ill-fated footsteps of Cod3? Or have they scrapped the halfbake crap and decided to just wait for IW to finish the next one?

Ive seen the vids…looks liike my type of game. I love WWII shit6

it’ll never beat united offensive as the best WWII shooter eva

They’ve had more time to work on it this time. I have my doubts it will get to the same heights of cod4 but who knows. The drop of the numbering system has me worried lol You know, they know it could be bad when they drop the number to try and distinguish itself from previous the games.