Overclocking

All i can say is dont just try and belt for 4 of the bat … or something high … i remember you hitting the wall all the time on your previous pc (8400 i think) and losing stability all the time.

You got a ripper system… do it like you installed it … methodical and planned.

Push your bclock to find the max ( or max you want) without muilti or ram then look at your ram… after that you can put it all tofgether and push the multi and clock to what your chasing.

XS forums, OCAU,overclock.net etc are good places to find good guides or links to them… the x58’s have a few different things to keep in line than theold 775 fsb+ multi+vcore … even the 1156’s are trimmed down with half the shit locked out.

you’ll get a good clock… dont sweat … but if you spend time straight up finding the gears stable limits, it will make the higher clocks a breeze.

1.07v is just yum … .Nip will be chewing his fingers off looking at that lol

Also note that speed fan is showing some of the cores not being utilised. You need to get all cores loaded 100% to get a proper result. Test for 10 loops minimum. I’ve had systems fail on the 10th test many times.

The CPUZ screeny is essentially showing us nothing, your base clock is essentially at stock (138 vs 133). 1.07v looks like the CPU is under Intel’s power saving mode, we need to see votlages under full load.

You most likely have a bitching system there, you just need to set it up correctly. We still haven’t seen the finished product of your build either.

i do need to read around cuz i under stand very little in the classified’s BIOS

That would be a bit of a learning curve considering the Classified’s bios is fairly advanced as far as OC options go.

Don’t let all the options get you worried though, a lot of the settings do not need to be touched for a 24/7 OC. It’s only for very fine adjustment. My EX58 Extreme has a lot of settings that I haven’t seen on other boards, same deal, don’t worry about them at first. After you get a hold on what you are doing, those extra options can help you further refine the OC.

intel speed step is disabled is there any other power saving shit i need know about

the vocore is set at 1.125

and pictures are uploading

In this day and age, you don’t need to disable any of it TBH.

If you do want to, the other option to disable would be C1E and EIST.

EIST is speedstep I think.

all these come disabled by default on the classified … shows who evga was targeting it at

I do remember reading that EVGA have them disabled by default now. Just found a review that confirmed what you found.

Either way, once you have found a nice stable OC, you can enable them again. Doesn’t make a huge difference in power or heat, but don’t let people tell you that they must be disabled, it’s not true any more.

Not really optimised, just a quick bash to get it up to speed. 36degree day ( and not nice inside either), still pulling bloody nice temps… the revision is really good. Early this morning i was getting 60/61 max temp running more vcore … runnin the same setup atm as the 750 (190x21) … later on ill play with some diff settings and what not to find the best 4ghz … then its onwards to find the highest speed it can give ( from early playing, 4.2~4.4 should be gettable ( and linx stable)

Looks like a nice chip, better than I recall the 750 being. Can only be happy with that result.

i dont think i’ll have bclock issues lol … havent even topped out yet and imc (vtt) @1.21.

Anything over 200 is fantastic, you’re just getting greedy now, haha.

ROAR!!!

Haha, cleared 7000 easily.

Heres the top for me i think : 4.4ghz and cards 870/1050

The 3dmark11 score is rivalling (and beating some) overclocked 580s with 1366 monsters :slight_smile:

nice one az

you have a serious addiction

mildy tweaked the ram to 7-7-7-20 timings @1550mhz ( set them for 1600 but restested for current clock) … soon i might see how far they stretch.

Not as good as the cherry picked ES from the review i posted before getting the system … but still not bad :slight_smile:

I’ll catch you az just did a test at lunch time…
Cpu 3.8
Cards 810-2000