Overclocking

damn ht :frowning:

Had to do it Azā€¦:wink2: Cpu @ 4.0 Gfx @ 820/2000

id say ā€œthis means warā€ ā€¦ but ive given her a sheā€™s got capā€™n !

Time to spend again i spose lol

do a 3d11 run :slight_smile:

and you should 2 Nip :slight_smile:

Haha, afraid I canā€™t do a 3D11 run due to the 260s not being Dx11 capable.

Iā€™ll be sure to post something up after I get back into the OCā€™ing mood.

bah forgot about that.

me and Mac are d/l cineBENCH atm Nipā€¦ gonna do some runs for fun ā€¦ see how they go.

Think Iā€™ve used it a long time ago, prepare to see how hyperthreading makes a difference when itā€™s used effectively.

As you can see, a stock 860 with H/T enabled is quicker than my 4.02 GHz 940 with H/T disabled. Iā€™ll turn H/T on later on and try and get a stable run at a high clock speed, or alternatively just see what Macā€™s processor spits out.

Cinebench OpenGL Score 50.24fpsā€¦Cpu Score 6.81pts @ 4.0

4ghz, gpus 800/1000

4.4 , 873/1025

Have to rerun my opengl test, think is was about 43 fps though. You can see what difference HT makes though, Mac got a monster CPU score.

yeah ā€¦ good to see it beat stock 960,860 in it though.

Woot.

Got to the 4ghz finally. While D0 920ā€™s were pretty much a ā€œgiven for 4ghzā€ ā€¦ the early batches were the better from widerange threads/data collection ā€¦ the later batches began getting more thoroughly checked and more allocated for xeons. Mine looked to be running well beyond most around its batch, with ~1.22 for 3.8 ā€¦ the trudge to 4ghz however meant :

CPU - 1.300 in bios ( under load went to 1.33 odd)
DRAM - 1.5
QPI/DRAM ( vtt) - 1.200
IOH and ICH - 1.1

Again, seems ASUS boards dont need the vtt like gigas do.

Still not fussed by needing those volts for 4 HT on ā€¦ iā€™ll still bench 4.2 HT i reckon at any rate so no biggy for me. Will give it a good dose of Prime and 10 runs to make sure its nice and stable @ 4 though.

Awesome work Az, that voltage is nothing considering you are under water. Your load temps are wicked. Hopefully my 920 will do the same thing (been drinking home made plonk instead of OCing, haha).

Be interesting to see what sort of VTT Iā€™ll need on the GB board, 1.2V is bloody low. Definitely true about the early batches of 920s clocking like champs, I think Intel made them worse on purpose so people would spend more on their higher specified processors.

4ghz , gpus stock

azza i think you may have an addiction

Youā€™re only figuring that out now Caboose? :laugh:

i know he does, much like your gay DC comic addiction

and your gay pcpp addiction lol

BURN