Market Place Rules

Please Note: Abuse of any of these rules will result in thread closures and possible account suspensions. These rules are stickied in all the sales forums, and ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as a valid defense in the event of conflict.

Rule 1: If you are not participating in a sale, DO NOT post in the thread.

If someone is trying to sell item X for 10x what you think it’s worth, let them. Everyone on the forums has enough common sense to research what they are buying, and thus to have a reasonable idea what it’s worth.

No one cares if you, your mum, or your dog’s left testicle can buy something wholesale. These forums are not retail or wholesale. If you don’t like the price, bid (sensibly) low or don’t bid.

Note: Due to the recent increase in spamming sale threads, account suspensions will be issued for any further infractions.

Rule 2: If you are not prepared to immediately sell at the “instant” price, DO NOT include an instant price.

Technically, “instant” prices are not binding unless you actually accept, however, the rules of this forum now state that an “instant price” is a binding price. Contractually you may refuse, but morally you may not, and thus Valhalla will ban your account at the moderators discretion. If you do not like this policy, DO NOT post an instant price.

Rule 3: If you accept an offer, you are obligated to sell the item to the person making the offer.

If you put something up for sale at price X, we call this an “invitation to treat”. If I put up a mouse for $10 (no instant price) then I am suggesting that for $10 I might sell you this mouse. If you offer me $5 I don’t have to accept it, and even if you say “I’ll buy it for $10 right now”, I don’t have to accept it.

HOWEVER if at any time I say or do something so obvious as to accept an offer then I am bound by the rules of contract, and I am legally obligated to sell it to you for whatever price was agreed upon.

Rule 4: There is no such thing as a “possible sale” on the Valhalla forums.

If you cannot sell an item because you are waiting on something else, the item is NOT FOR SALE. Too many complaints have come from this, and all threads will be closed if the item cannot be sold immediately at the close of bids.

If you don’t want to sell, DO NOT post your goods here. If you want a price check, use the price check forum. It was created for a reason.

Rule 5: Selling BRAND NEW goods is not on, and we don’t wanna hear about it.

You are NOT permitted to sell brand new goods on the valhalla forums. ANY threads to this effect will be swiftly binned.

Rule 6: Sales on behalf of a third party are not permitted unless that party has given you full authority to close the sale.

If you do not have full authority to preside over the sale and accept/reject offers, and must run all bids through the actual owner of the item, you are not permitted to conduct the sale in the Valhalla forums.

Rule 7: Posting business advertisements without prior approval from committee is not permitted.

Do not post business advertisements unless you have the approval of the committee first. Naturally, if you are already a sponsor, you have our approval.

Please note that the Oceanic Eagles and its management will not be held responsible for any purchases/exchanges made on this forum board. Buyers/Sellers use at their own risk.