Lappy problem

ok my friend has dropped her cup of coffee on her lappy we turned it off and i pulled it apart to dry out is there any hope it will be ok. also is there anything else i should do?

laugh at her :tongue2: jks. may want to check the heatsinks

i removed the harddrive, battery, and memory dried it out with a hair dyrer but it wont turn on. any thoughts?

you get no response from it whats so ever when you turn it on probably means a short some where

Yeah sounds like something has shorted. Was the laptop on when she spilt liquid all over it?

If it was off, not just sleeping, you need to let it completely dry overnight. If you are lucky, it may boot up again. Depending on where the coffee touched, it may be ok.

Though speaking from seeing this type of thing happening to other people, don’t get your hopes up. You’d really need to take the entire laptop apart though for any chance of the mainboard completely drying out.

Hey heady if all else fails and you have the laptop completely apart you could try using some CO Contact Cleaner on the mobo ONLY, use it at work on electronic components and my mobile when it went for a swim lol…(Use as last resort it can distort/weaken certain rubber materials etc)

LOL @ taking the mobile for a swim.

yeah no response last night but this morning it fired up so lucky

Nice mate.

Be interesting to see how long it lasts certain liquids can chew thru circuit boards over time

thanks woven i dont think she will want to know that

http://www.myservice.com/blog/2009/11/macbook-pro-liquid-spills/