Hd4870 for sale

Hey guys/girls got a spare His hd4870 512mb for sale. Good card overclocks well…$110.00 + $15 postage…Cheers:shades:
http://dpmacca.gallery.netspace.net.au/album04/DSC00128

Sorry mate, don’t need another card, but that is a reasonable price. May I ask why you are selling it?

hey nipper, got 2*hd4890’s in main system and hd4870 in other pc…dont really need it atm…its just collect dust in a box atm…might as well sell it…

(collecting) god my spelling is shit…:wink2:

fair enough, bit of GPU grunt in your main rig then, even more than mine… I’ll stop myself from asking any more questions about your current pc, but please make a contribution to the “show us you rigs” thread in the tech chat section. I would love to see what you are running.

Nps nipper no where as good as your i7 but it goes alright…:yes:

Item sold…

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ATI-Radeon-Sapphire-HD-4890-1GB-DDR5-PCIE-New-Edition-/300474847904?pt=AU_Components&hash=item45f5b252a0

Hey Mac do you reackon I should grab this and run two?

Im not paying $200 for the bloody thing 2nd hand though…

Is it easy enough to run crossfire and does this mean that I also get 4 monitor ports so I can effectivley run 4 monitors?

cf is just pnp chilli … in CCC just enable it.

for $200 … id put an extra 30-40 on it and grab a gtx460 1gb and then sell yours :wink:

if you can grab one for less than 100 id go the cf option… keep an eye on this one for instance :
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gigabyte-4890-Factory-Overclock-Factory-Zalman-Cooler-/220675593734?pt=AU_Components&hash=item33614a5606

What az said…:wink2: technically 2 hd4890’s are roughly the same performance as a Hd5870…(In some games when CF works like it should)…

Or wait a couple of weeks cause Ati are releasing a new midrange card hd6*** series which should perform quiet well going from specs…

yer, highest bidder at $80, ill go to $110 and then fuk off the option

I’d go with Mac’s suggestion. Wait a bit longer and get the new midrange ATI card when it comes out. Otherwise, sell the current card and jump on the GTX460 bandwagon like Az and Mac have (and countless others have).

If you can get the card for $110, then that’s a nice cheap upgrade, if not and you are still wanting more performance, go with the suggestions above for the best results.

You could even pick up a 5850 or a 5870 for a good price when the new series of ATI cards hit the shelves.

From what ive read and what im sure i will see the 460’s are amazing if its a matter of you only having an xfire capable board you can just pick up a GLH 460 and that should get you along nicely

while you’ve opted out of the cf chilli … a 750w is ample for a cf/sli setup on mid range cards.

i had the 4870’s on a 620w corsair no sweat … but now run a 750w zeus “just to make sure i got headroom”

Hey Chilli is the cf 4890 still something your looking to do? Just that theres one for sale on ocau for $120pp at reserve price

yer but its just overkill for me…ill sit for a while and wait till they are under $100. I ned to buy a new monitor for the other PC and a HSF for my rig first

personally i’m hoping that the amd 6 series pushes the prices of the 5870 far down enough so i can get a second one but problem is i’ve recently upgraded my psu too an ocz 600, which might not be enough.

It would work, but you’d be walking the knife edge. I think the typical power draw for a system with 2 5870s is upwards of 570W.

If you’ve over clocked your CPU then you have even less room to move.

3 5870’s sold on ebay for sub $300 yesterday … at this rate if i see a 5970 for the right price ill prolly dump the 460s lol .

speaking of hsf … want a d14 :wink:

Hold out for cayman, something tells me that a few of us will be dumping our cards… In any case, grab 2 5870’s over a 5970 any day, they will destroy it. Mate of mine bought a 5970 and even with his cpu clocked to 4GHz with HT on (i7 860), the card wasn’t very impressive, no where near as awesome as two 5870’s.

I’m going to have to wait for the cayman release otherwise I may regret it. The 260’s are still handling everything fairly easily anyway. If CF scales roughly as well as what SLI does AND their are proper game profiles that utilise it, I’m there (if prices allow).