Gun licences and Guns!

I thought that I might start a chat about getting your Gun License and learning about guns incase there are those who would enjoy having a phew shots out there.

Step 1 - Ensure you are eligible to apply
Anyone of or over the age of 18 years may apply for a Queensland Weapons Licence (persons aged 11 to 17 years may be eligible for a Minor’s Licence provided they satisfy the following criteria;

[LIST]
[]Be a permanent resident of Queensland (proof will be required on application. Refer to Form 1 – Application for a Licence for further information)
[
]Be a fit and proper person
[]A person is ineligible to hold a Weapons Act Licence if, within the past five years from the day before lodging their application, they have been convicted of offences including misuse of drugs, or weapons, and the use or threatened use of violence.
[
]A person is ineligible to hold a Weapons Act Licence if they are or have been the subject of a domestic violence protection order in the past five years from lodgement of application.
[]Have a genuine reason for a licence
[
]Have access to secure storage
[/LIST]

[URL=“http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/obtain/whoCanApply.htm”]

Step 2 - Select an appropriate licence & genuine reason

When considering an application for a Weapons Act 1990 licence, it is important you are familiar with the types of licence available.
Your genuine reasons and the categories of firearms that you intend to use determine the type/s of licences you may apply for. Some types of licences are listed below. You may also have other genuine reasons for which you are seeking approval. If you are unable to find the information that you require in our website, please contact the Weapons Licensing Branch.
Firearms licence – This is the most common type of licence and may authorise the possession of Category A, B, C and D weapons dependant upon the genuine reason supplied at time of application/renewal. Genuine reason/s for Category A and B include recreational shooting, sports or target shooting, primary production and occupational reasons. Licenses for Categories C and D weapons may only be issued in special limited circumstances. The maximum term for Category D licence is 12 months.
Concealable firearms licence - With this type of licence you may possess or use handguns (category H), either for sports or target shooting or occupational reasons. This licence does not authorise possession or use for recreational shooting.
Collector’s licence (heirloom) – for ownership of an heirloom firearm (category A, B, C, D, H and R). This type of firearm is passed to a person by testamentary disposition or the laws of succession e.g. in a Will. A firearm owned under this licence must be made permanently inoperable.
Collector’s licence (weapons) – This licence allows registration of category A, B, C, D, E, H, M and R weapons that are collectable weapons that have obvious and significant historic, thematic, commemorative or investment value.
Security guard’s licence - You may only possess a category H revolver, semi-automatic pistol or a category C pump action shotgun. If you are employed under the licence of a security organisation’s
owner you may use the firearm only in performing your security guard duties. The maximum term for this licence is 12 months.
Security Organisation’s licence - This licence may only be issued to a body or organisation that provides security guards and the services of security guards. This licence may be endorsed for Category C, E and/or H firearms/weapons.
Dealer’s licence - authorises the holder to: buy, sell, transfer or broker the sale of weapons other than category R or restricted category M weapons; broker the acquisition of Category R weapons (to certain licence holders) only if they are rendered permanently inoperable; and receive, dispatch, repair and store weapons in the course of the business.
Armourer’s licence - authorises the licensee to store, manufacture, modify or repair any category of weapon in the course of an armourer’s business.
Blank-fire firearms licence - Under this category the licensee is allowed to possess and use a blank-fire firearm (category A, B, C, D, H and R), for uses such as starting sporting events, or theatrical productions.
Minor’s licence - The holder of a minor’s licence must be at least 11 years of age. A licence may be issued to authorise possession and use under supervision by a range officer at an approved range for category A, B or H, use of a category A or B weapon in primary production in the conduct of the licensee’s employment or category C weapons for certain occupational purposes. This licence is valid only till the licensee’s 18th birthday.

Visitors licence - A visitors licence is available to those who live outside Australia or Queensland and hold an interstate licence that is not valid under temporary recognition provisions (Section 32 of the Weapons Act 1990) and intend to visit for a purpose which is a genuine reason for possession of a weapon. You can possess or use a weapon according to the specifications on the licence. In some instances, interstate licence holders do not need a visitors licence (refer to ‘Visitors Licences’). A visitors licence is only available for up to three months.
Miscellaneous licence - This licence may only be issued for a category E or some category M (“martial arts” or “historical/military”) weapons. Certain conditions apply. A crossbow licence is deemed a miscellaneous licence.
Group licence - A group licence may be issued to an individual or body to satisfy an occupational need, or to a body that is a sports or target shooting club to satisfy its needs in sports or target shooting. It may only be issued for certain categories of weapons.
Theatrical ordnance suppliers licence - authorises the holder to possess and supply weapons, replicas, blank-fire firearms or permanently inoperable firearms or other items for use in theatrical, film or television productions.
Firearms licence (Instructor) - This licence permits the possession and use of firearms for safety training approved by the Commissioner.
Shooting Clubs, Ranges, Galleries and Weapons Clubs - Anyone wishing to operate a shooting club, gallery, range or weapons club must obtain an approval/permit to do so.

Step 3 - Obtain a Form 1 ‘Application for licence’
Step 4 - Obtain a Form 30 ‘Proof of Identity’ and attach two current passport sized photographs of yourself
Step 5 - Obtain a Form 1 Annexure for the type of licence & genuine reason you require
Step 6 - Complete an approved safety course

To obtain a licence to possess and/or use firearms in Queensland, you have to satisfy the authorised officer that you have an adequate knowledge of safety practices for the use, storage and maintenance of a weapon, or category of weapon, the possession of which is to be authorised by a licence.
For the issue of a licence other than a security licence (guard) you must, on application present a statement of attainment showing you have completed an approved safety training course for weapons within the previous 12 month period.
This requirement does not apply if you:
(i) Are the holder of a current licence authorising you to possess and use the category of weapon issued interstate or overseas; or
(ii) Are applying for a new firearms, collectors, concealable firearms or minor’s licence within 6 months of the expiry of a former licence of the same type with the same categories.
The Queensland Police Service cannot recognise prior experience or learning you may have with the safe use of firearms. Prior military, police, security industry or other experience can only be assessed by a Registered Training Organisation under Recognition of Prior Learning guidelines. To have your previous experience assessed you must contact a Registered Training Organisation.
You must provide a copy of your statement of attainment with your application.
For further information in relation to this, refer to section 10A of the Weapons Act 1990.

Step 7 - Complete the Form 1, Form 30 and Annexure ensuring all necessary and required supporting documentation is included
Step 8 - Lodge the application at your local police station and pay the prescribed fees
You must complete a Form 1 - Application for a Licence and relevant genuine reason annexure/s or proof of genuine reason/s, complete a safety course for the categories of firearms you are applying for and also complete a Form 30 - Proof of Identity declaration (included in Form 1 – Application for a licence) and be able to provide a 100 points of identification.
You must have access to secure storage facilities in Queensland at the time of lodging your application. This storage facility may need to be inspected prior to issue of a licence.
Any required information not provided with the Form 1 – Application for a Licence will cause a delay in processing your application.
You must answer all sections of the Form 1 and lodge it in person at your local Queensland police station. Applicable fees must be paid when you lodge the licence application. To ascertain the methods of payment available please contact your local police station.
What must I provide in my application?
• Form 1 – Application for a Licence
• Form 30 (included with Form 1) – Proof of Identity declaration (100 points)
• Genuine Reason information as required
• Safety Course as required
• Fees (category D and security guards licences are only issued for a year; minor’s licences are issued for a maximum period of 5 years or until their 18th birthday, whichever is earlier. All other licences may be applied for 1 to 5 years).

Form 1 - Application for a Licence ( 553KB)
Form 30 - Proof of Identity Declaration ( 271KB)
Form 1 - Application for a Licence Annexures

Here is a good Australian Used / secondhand gun website.

http://www.usedguns.com.au/used_shotguns.html

been through all that crap, my cat h is in the mail. much harder to get a license in nsw than any other state, due to the 1996 ammendment putting more restrictions on what constitutes a ‘prohibited firearm’

My next door neighbour and I keep talking about getting our gun licences but it never happens.

I have a friend my age who is a cop, took him about 12 months for him to get his recreational handgun licence after he applied. They don’t give those out easily.

He has one of these.
http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Trojan5.0/Trojan50.php

Not as cool as a Colt 1911 but I wasn’t complaining when it was in my hand (not loaded obviously, although I did ask him over and over again to put some bullets in it).

hand guns are harder to get, i know in QLD you have to go to gun clubs etc like 4 times a year so you can keep. Standard gun licence her isn’t bad, my mate got his last year and he’s got a yes rifles. Its pretty quick in QLD

It’s 6 times iirc, in Tassie anyway.

6 times for each calibre you own, so if you have a .22 and a .38 or whatever its 12 scored matches per year

i don’t think its actual matches, you just have to go to the club

Yes in Queensland its harder to get your hand gun llicence, in Queensland we must first get our rifle licence and hold it for 6 months before we can apply for a hand gun licence. 2. its easier to get your gun licence if you apply for the sporting licence first then when you get someone who is willing to sign and allow you to hunt on thier land then you get them to write you a letter and take that with you when you apply for the recreational shooting.
Also its not matches that you have to attend its how many days you go to gun club, for rifles its 6 times a year pistols its 3 times a year.

It might always never happen nip nip but now you got no excuse cause i have linked and given all the forms needed to get your gun licence started
hahaha go me. (Dreams of filling the world with guns)

Mmmmmmmm I love this cutie.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Calibre[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]17 HMR[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Make[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Taurus[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Model[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Tracker[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Action[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Revolver[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Sights[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Adjustable[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Condition[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Very good[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Serial No[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]WD117297[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Taurus Tracker 7 shot revolver. Will be a cracker of a pistol down at the range in 17 HMR
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Here’s a 1911 for ya
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Calibre[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]22LR[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Make[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Chiappa[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Model[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1911[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Action[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Semi auto[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Sights[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Fixed[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Condition[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]New[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Serial No.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]D49546[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Chiappa 1911. Cased with 2 mags and new style grips[/SIZE][/FONT]

haha the classic way to kill someone.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Calibre[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]50 BP[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Make[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Traditions[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Model[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Trapper[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Action[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Percussion cap[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Sights[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Adjustable[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Condition[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Excellent[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#990000][SIZE=-1]Serial No.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]14-13-057478-05[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1 in 20 twist octagonal barrel with adjustable rear sight[/SIZE][/FONT]

I prefer to kill people with a knife…plus whn im getting chased I can run faster with a knife…

Haha chilli… but everyone knows you shouldn’t run with sharp objects in hand:happy:

yeah its true, to own a hand gun u need to be appart of a gun club where you shoot at least once a month and you need to enter 4 competitions a year… it isnt that hard to get a rifle tho… u need to be a member of a shooting association… my friend recently got his license from start 2 finish took him 6 months … i started my application 2 months ago … i have been to that range a few times now quite a fun experiance … just need to be incredibly careful