Gigabyte 4870X2 For Sale

good marketing pitch there chum :laugh:

Do you want to wait months after a game is released before you can play?
Do you want stutter if the frame rate drops to low???
Do you want SHIMMERING TEXTURES?!

Well have we got the deal for you!

Get that 128 MEGS guy to sell it, he can sell anything.

Hell I WANT THAT DELL RIGHT NOW!

128 MEGABYTES OF DOUBLE DATA RATE RAM JUST FOR GRAPHICS!

I cant crash it if I tried.

As opposed to my X2, which crashes if I dont try.

ROFL!

6 watchers on ebay now. Those poor insolent sods. I suspect bidding will occur in the last 24 hours. If not then SCREW DEM BITACHIES!

I’m thinking about extending the auction another 3 days though, since ill be back at work for thursday and friday and can’t check gaybay.

fixed :shades:

Ah so it is, the 200 series.

The jump to the GTX200 series from the 9800GTX series wasn’t as large as I’d have liked, considering that the jump from the 7000 series to the 8000 series was the difference between night and day. Still the performance from the GTX285 is awesome, and more importantly its CONSISTENT!

AWTA, the jump from the 7 series to the 8 series was huge, especially when you bought an 8800 Ultra. The other thing that was huge was the price. Back in the 8 series days, nvidia were not as keen as they are now to release new cards every couple of months which was good as you knew your card wasn’t going to be replaced next week by the new GTX+++FTW version. Still I won’t be replacing my GTX 260s for a good 12 - 24 months, hopefully 24 months.

i dont plan on getting a new gfx card for atleast 18 months, or untill it dies, when i get i7 ill probs c a differance

Yeah it’s just a matter of telling myself that I don’t need anything better. I don’t plan on buying a 24" monitor which my GTX’s would still flog, so for a 22" monitor I should get a fair bit of life span out of these current cards. My last system wasn’t even 12 months old when I replaced it. In regards to new cpu’s, intel seem to be focussed on getting the P55 out the door to replace the P45, only problem with this is I think they are putting a different socket on them (1156 instead of 1366) so unless you want a mainstream cpu, you have to buy an X58. It’s a bad thing when one vendor has a monopoly over the market.

c i wanna get i7 but i also wanna wait and c what they do with these new processors at the end of the year

Intel P55 Express chipset codenamed Ibex Peak will be able to support mainstream LGA1160 quad-core Lynnfield and dual-core Havendale with integrated GPU in Q3 2009. It is a single chip solution known as Platform Controller Hub (PCH) that has all the I/O features of the ICH. Internally, Ibex Peak with Lynnfield/Havendale is known as Summitlake. It has the ability to support dual graphics like SLI and Crossfire in x8/x8 configuration. However, the P55 chipset interconnect is still on the DMI instead of the new QPI found on the X58 chipset. For the I/O aspect, it supports 14 [URL=“http://vr-zone.com/articles/intel-p55-ibex-peak-chipset-features/6124.html?doc=6124#”]USB 2.0 ports, 8 PCIe 2.0 x1 ports, 6 SATA 3.0Gb/s ports, Gigabit Ethernet and IMST 9.0 with FIS port multiplier.

I’m pretty sure they dropped the 1160 socket for the 1156.

[SIZE=3]LGA 1160 is now LGA 1156 [/SIZE]

Intel changed its mind

We’ve just confirmed that Intel has made some changes to the consumer Nehalem CPU socket and it will be losing four pins, and as such, LGA 1160 is dead and it will be replaced by LGA 1156. From what we’ve managed to find out, these pins didn’t have any actual use and were hence removed.

However, it’s unusual for socket changes to occur, especially once a specific socket has been announced in as much detail as Intel has done with LGA 1160. There’s still a lot of unknown factors about the next generation of mainstream processors from Intel and with all the rumors going around, it doesn’t look like this will be one of the best platforms the company has come up with.

Not only will these processors be near enough impossible to overclock from what we’ve heard so far, but we’ve also heard whispers about the P55/Ibex peak chipset possibly having stability issues, although with a good nine months or so to go before we’re expecting retail products to appear, Intel should have plenty of time to sort that out.

IDF Taipei is Monday and Tuesday next week, and we’ll try to find out some more details about all this for you then, as we’ll be attending.

Too bad for us that AMD’s CPU division doesnt do so well in the joe schmo market. Their server solutions are getting some interest and theres some awesomeness that their trip cores are actually quads in disguize and can be upgraded via software unlocking.

Well, maybe they can pull a rabbit out of their hat and come up with something to beat i7’s successor.

I hope so, as it would mean cheaper prices all around.

what is the i7’s successor the i5 from what ive heard

plus its gonna be on a new socket from what i heard

It will be on a different socket but it’s not the successor, it’s the mainstream version for general users.

read the posts above.

If they prove to be good OC’ers, they will sell like the Q6600’s.

Ebay gayed me up hard. But on OCAU the bidding is up to 550pp which isn’t so bad after 2 days. I close out the auction on the 14th of march so plenty of time left. Hopefully someone will instant it at 650 and I’ll be rid of it bahahah.

Still, I hope ATi doesn’t spring any new cards in the next month to push down the price.