Dragon Age 2

Carrying on from this thread, the demo comes out tomorrow!

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/

I for one will definitely be grabbing it as it’s one game I’m skeptical about. A large portion of my love of DA:O was how much the game style reminded me of BG2, which let me overlook the more than somewhat unbalanced combat (no mage = almost impossible, 1 mage = bloody difficult, 2 mages = almost god mode). DA2 is shaping up to be a very different beast, and i’m as yet undecided if that’s a good or bad thing.

I was left really disappointed by the demo, they Mass Effected a game I really didn’t want ME’d. Visually meh, and a giant clickfest. In other news, Witcher 2 is shaping up very nicely!

Another PC Gamer feeling the rage :laugh:

lmfao

Well I was giving this a miss til Chum bought it for me to force me to play it. But goddamn, I have massive performance issues, which seems to be across the board for nvidia people. Runs 80fps+ on DX9 mode and med settings, with 100% gpu usage. Go to med on DX11 mode and it plumets to 30fps, and the GPU only workin at 55% :><:.

Despite that, are you enjoying the game?

Only played through the opening sequence (same section as the demo) last night, so opinion has yet to be changed. I know Chum and Blade enjoyed the game a lot, so we’ll see if I come around to it. Nightmare difficulty definitely stopped me from doing the same spamfest I did in the demo, so that’s a plus. But I’m already wishing I had an iso cam view :(.

But dx9 and medium looks very poor I think. Just installed the 267.85 drivers with a modded INF file, see if I get any fps improvements. Otherwise I might raid my bro’s PC (he’s outta the country) and switch my 275 for his HD5850. There shouldn’t be a big difference in performance overall, but from what I’ve read ATI users have no dramas at all with DA2.

edit: Still not perfect (GPU now at around 80% usage) but new drivers have made it playable at least.

267.24 beta
DX9, medium (can’t get higer settings) - 80fps
DX11, medium, 0xAA 4xAF - 30fps, min around 20.

DX11, high, 0xAA, 16xAF - min 60fps. With 2xAA I get a min 45, still averaging close to 55. But there’s no stuttering (happened often on old drivers) so for this style of game that should be fine.

Looks like the driver update was a big improvement.

I’m still tempted to buy it, only if I can get it from India. I’m going to have to hold off for a while though. The ute is getting new front tyres on Monday, the rears will be lucky to have another 6 months.

Started playing it … certainly not awesome, but it may be the major lack of rpg that makes me really enjoy it. No doubt it will get to the grind soon… but i dont mind.

Get 120 odd fps average too with the candy on. Looks pretty good (better than 1 imo)

u download the high res texture pack? i just finished it today

Yeh hi-res pack certainly helps. Played a bit more, less bitter about the game now but still disappointed in the direction it took. Nightmare difficulty offers up a good challenge but the camera restriction still urk me to no end (in narrow areas it can difficult to place spells carefully for eg). Still the couple of hours i’ve played have been enjoyable, I prolly would enjoy it more if it was called somethin other than Dragon Age :P.

Haha, I still need to finish the first game, there’s just so much content in it.

DA was pretty good so this will be equal. Personally id like to see more effort into gameplay

Yes, i must admit I was solid fanboy material when playin that game. But looking back on it definitely had its scratchy areas. Here’s hoping Bioware don’t consolise it too much.

Hey this is atomics fanvid for it

Or you can go to youtube here
[URL=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fzLuHiJoJ6U”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fzLuHiJoJ6U