Dragon Age 2 confirmed

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: best RPG of last year, probably my favourite proper RPG as well and number 2 is on the way soon

BioWare appears to be just a day away from revealing Dragon Age 2, officially, going by the role-playing game developer’s Twitter tease. Or was it today, when EA and BioWare officially said that Dragon Age 2 is in development? The BioWare biofeed wrote earlier today that “2morrow will be a great day for BioWare fans. Just sayin’.” Electronic Arts also wrote earlier today, in a press release about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, that Dragon Age 2 was in development at BioWare, so that’s pretty much confirmed.
See?
[INDENT] Currently announced projects at BioWare include the development of ongoing downloadable content for Mass Effect 2, one of the highest rated video games of all time, Dragon Age 2, the highly anticipated sequel to 2009′s “RPG of the Year” Dragon Age: Origins, and the story-driven massively multiplayer online game, Star Wars: The Old Republic.
[/INDENT] Of course, Dragon Age 2 isn’t much of a surprise, given that EA already blabbed about a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins on the books for the first quarter of 2011. BioWare helped nail down a possible release date of February 1, 2011 with this [URL=“http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/03/is-this-the-release-date-for-dragon-age-2/”]none-too-subtle teaser included in the retail release of expansion Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening. Oh, and BioWare VP Greg Zeschuk told [URL=“http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/29/bioware-says-dragon-age-2-to-look-super-hot/”]Joystiq earlier this year that Dragon Age 2 will look “super hot”.
To sum up, if you like Dragon Age, show up to the internet tomorrow.

this should be posted as news on the front page

well those who can should it i forgot how

done and done :shades:

Written by Lvl 18 Kickarse Mage

lol

Confirmed proper!

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/

Some deets

[B]Key Features:

[/B]# Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.

Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.

Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.

Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.

Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.

Dragon Age II takes a page from the Mass Effect playbook, limiting player characters to a male or female human version of the game’s main character, Hawke.
In Dragon Age: Origins, players could choose from four different races and three different character classes, with each combination coming complete with its own playable origin story.
Dragon Age II is not Dragon Age: Origins.
Instead of multiple origins, there is only one.

I hope they don’t mess with the system too much. It was great gettin back into the old school RPG style, I’d hate for DA to turn into ME (as much as I love ME). My main hope with them limiting the player character is that you get full dialogue like ME, otherwise I can’t see much reason for it.

Cool…

Been following this, and it’s sounded more and more like it’s another title that’s gotten a nasty case of consolisation. I still had some hope, but i’m becoming more and more wary.

First interview:

Dragon Age II on PC may be retaining its strategic combat mode, but there are other PC-specific features that won’t be included in the game’s sequel.

In an interview with French magazine Joystick, BioWare’s Mike Laidlaw has revealed that the “Baldur’s Gate” camera perspective available to PC owners in the first game won’t be returning in the second game. According to a translation on the game’s official forums, Laidlaw explains:

For budgetary reasons, we focused our work on a 3rd person view, that asks for very detailed and nice textures so that the player can admire the game with a close-up view. With an aerial view [isometric] we should cover much more ground and so create other textures. Now, the game mainly sold on console, so we’re going the way of the audience”.

Also gone will be the modding toolkit included with the first game, though in this instance, no reason or explanation is given for its exclusion.

It’s nice the sequel is coming out so soon after its predecessor, but these kind of exclusions won’t go down well with the PC crowd very well at at all, particularly considering much of the love for Dragon Age on the platform was earned by including such PC-specific features as a “strategic” camera and toolset.

And an update they gave after.

The tools we’re using to make Dragon Age 2 are very, very close to the tools you guys have used to make your mods for DA:O. They’re not identical, as we’ve made a few in-house improvements, but they’re almost identical. As such, there isn’t a new toolset to release, per se.

While we won’t be releasing a toolset update in tandem with Dragon Age 2, we ARE investigating what it would take to update the community toolset to match ours, along with providing DA2 content in the future.

While we likely won’t pull as far up as we did in DA:O, I have always felt that the key to tactical play was actually freeing your camera from the character you’re controlling to issue precise orders, which is what we’re tuning now. So, this means you can still maneuver the camera around the battlefield and issue orders from a remote location, just as you could in Origins.

It has dropped off my must get list tho, at least until the final product is out on the shelves :frowning:

i read a while ago that DA2 was DAO but with a redesigned combat for console, i thought they ewre gonna be smart to leave the PC version untouched which was perfect

mmm, I had no problems with the iinterface, combat balance coulda used tweaking tho. Rather than make many truly difficult enemies, they just spammed buttloads of em on you. If you didn’t have mages with good crowd control you were screwed.

But yes, this and other news definitely makes this sound like we’re getting a console port rather than a game designed for PC like the first. Way of the world unfortunately :><:

Sounds disappointing.

Even though I’m not a big fantasy RPG fan and I have still not finished DAO, I can say with full confidence that it is a top quality game. I think I’ve sunk a good 30 - 40 hours into it and still have not finished it. I do plan on doing it one of these days.

It’s always sad to hear that another PC preferred title has gone the way of so many titles before it.