CPU Cooling

Well holy shit… a new thread.

After Chromy remarked at the awesome mess that is the tech chat … i did think that it might be nice to separate it just a touch. What better way than into general threads for major parts of pcs… and one that gets alot of mention for the air cooling guys to the slowly building w/c guys ( cmon mac and cab… get the swifty kits… you know you want to!) is CPU cooling.

There are a load of good ones out there … most of us have used a few already or are happy with what they have. Why not put a link up to a review of it to show its performance off etc … or new stuff of course. A new cooler you heard/read about etc… lets put it all here :slight_smile:

I been reading alot lately about the thermaltake frio … and how the 1156 guys especially are loving it … some rate it more than the d14 even … its prolly been covered in the gen tech but as we be doing the new thread… ill put it up.

It looks good, performs really well and has a good price ( $76 @ PPCG). I will say that the d14 ( and probably the thermalright silver arrow) only really love being pushed to the max… for mid o/c they tend to underperform for some reason … but put some pressure on it and thats when they outshine all others. But i reckon this is a great cooler… rivalling the CM v8 perhaps mac if not better?

Yeah az saw a review in the lastest atomic and that cooler scored the best results and the price is very nice, if I ever change my V8 cooler it will be for w/cooling cause I can’t be stuffed removing my mobo atm lol…

Looks the goods for the price.

It’s funny that TT can make such a highly reviewed HSF, yet at the same time they are responsible for the most unreliable water cooling parts in the short history of mass produced components. Not sure if that is ironic, but it is funny nonetheless.