COD : Black Ops

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVgWs0ZCdbQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The next installment in the COD series. Treyarch have another go at their take on the series. This installment has rumours around being a vietnam/south america setting.

As more info is released in coming weeks, no doubt the hot topic will be if dedicated servers and mod tools will come back to PC, or has IW/Activision deemed the p2p good enough.

Treyarch certainly turned the corner with WaW with the more recent patches really taking their game to a great level, so fingers crossed they can get some freedom with this title.

If it’s anything like the quality of WaW, I’ll be buying it for the SP at least. I thought they did a good job with it.

Should be worth a look:wink2:

i see choppers, lots of em?

May see some new addition to MP?

Regardless sounds/looks good from quick flick

ETA?

according to google, it is the 12th most searched topic in the last hour :stuck_out_tongue:

apparently we are deffs looking at a 2010 release data, im gonna say November sometime

as always … it will be the November launch …
The trailer lets you know … its yankee calander so 11/9/10 … 9th nov :wink:

they just need to reinvent there mp game, like completely!!!

please Treyarch give us ded servers and you’ll have my money

was watching my 10yr old tear up the single player campaign for mw2 on the ps3 yesterday. Its so much more responsive than Bc2 but with the long term success of any game based on its MP platform, they would have to be mad not to look at this.

Bc2 has absolutely smashed player numbers on the COD series across all platforms

In regards to the p2p from mw2 and the impact on pc gaming etc etc …

As of January 18, 2010, MW2 has taken over $1 billion in sales.

On March 8 2010, [COLOR=#002bb8]Robert Bowling[/COLOR] announced that the game had amassed 25 million unique players

Compared to MW :

On June 3, 2008, [COLOR=#002bb8]Infinity Ward[/COLOR] reported that Call of Duty 4 had sold over 10 million units

While ded servers hurt the MP side … that means sfa to them as theres no money in that … just longetivity … so a game a year takes away the need to have a title dominate for 2+ yrs.

Looks like p2p is Activisions way of the future …

/loads BC2

Yeah, not surprising when you consider how small the PC market is compared to consoles.

MW2 was always going to outsell MW based on the popularity of the first game, whether it had dedicated servers or not. All of my mates that couldn’t give a rats arse about MW have all bought MW2 on PC/PS3/360 based on the hype alone. They couldn’t care less about me moaning about not having dedicated servers when they ask me to jump in a server.

I have really changed my view on this though, having a bad ping in MW2 doesn’t disadvantage you half as much as it does in a dedicated server on MW or BC2. The ONLY reason MW2 failed for me is because we didn’t/couldn’t pick it up as a clan game. That aside, it was an overall better game from my point of view. Of course I would be complaining like the rest of the PC gamers if I had a stable connection to begin with.

/loads BC2

/downloads torrent for MW2 and the likes - fukem and their dollars

lmao

Indeed, Activision won’t be changing away from p2p until it actually begins to hurt them. If sales for Black Ops are massively reduced because of the p2p system they might…MIGHT think about changing, but I wouldn’t be getting my hopes up just yet.

well well well :

Treyarch head confirms that the PC version won’t use peer-to-peer matchmaking.

Infinity Ward spawned one of the bigger controversies in gaming last year when they announced the PC version of [COLOR=#669800]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2[/COLOR][URL=“http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176593”][COLOR=#669800]peer-to-peer matchmaking[/COLOR] in lieu of traditional dedicated servers.

That’s a history that won’t be repeating itself with [COLOR=#669800]Call of Duty: Black Ops[/COLOR], though, as Treyarch president Mark Lamia has confirmed they’re sticking with dedicated servers. “I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don’t see any reason not to see them unless… well, I just don’t see any reason not to,” Lamia said to PC Zone magazine (via [URL=“http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=246438”][COLOR=#669800]CVG[/COLOR]). “It seems people like them and we’re excited about what we’re doing right now.”

Source

knew that last week :stuck_out_tongue:

i didnt see it in the forums

Yes!! I didnt mind MW2 but I definatly prefer the CoD4 setup

Sweet could turn into a very interesting game…:wink2:

WIN for CoD :smiley: