Black Ops Review/ thoughts

I just finished the SP last night and spend 10 hours in MP over the past couple of days. My connection issues are still 50/50, I’ve spend half my time in awesome games, and the other half in MW2 type lag.

The SP is pretty freaking cool given the variety of what you get. Treyarch really aren’t as talented as Infinity ward in making an interesting game or setting up missions but they did well on the story and it sets the right mood for subterfuge rather than the KILL THE FUCK OUT OF EVERYTHING vibe of MW2. I do miss that grand scale in the SP though.

Also crazy russian Reznov is back! 100 points for Gary Oldman!

The MP is much closer to COD4 again, if we can get lag free servers and browser improvements then we’re set for fun! I got into some Gamesonnet ones today and it was a breeze, but they’re perma-full.

The level up systems and customization is definitely superior to COD4/5/6. You can buy the perks and attachments you want for points rather than having to kill your way up to them, and you can buy only the secondary’s you want.

The killstreak rewards are awesome without seeming too OP unless you get up to 8-9. You don’t see choppers that often though and you have many more options to take them down such as carrying an Auto-SAM site in addition to guns rockets and grenades.

In fact I think equipment is one of the most awesome additions, especially the jammer spy camera, and motion sensor, that will really add a new dimension to any ladder games because of the setup you can do.

The gun variety I do find a little lacking, but I rarely roll with anything other than an AK ever anyway so no big loss. The customization more than makes up for it.

Now Treyarch FIX THE LAG and give us ADVANCED GRAPHICS TWEAKS and I will be 100% satisfied.

ALso, did I mention there’s adjustable FOV in the FREAKING MENU!? 90 Degrees of WIN!

Good review, didn’t know about being able to buy perks, that’s a nice touch.

I have to remember that your definition of lag is a 60ms ping, lmao.

its great that you can buy perks, if they were of any use for my play style as many are noob or waste. killstreaks are good in that they are not op, i just dont like the ones where you have to control something as its usually faster for me to get kills otherwise, such as the RC-XD, complete waste of time.

I really dont like the maps at all. In cod4, most of the maps had buildings around the outside of the map with an open section in the middle, along the style of crash, crossfire, strike, overgrown etc. But in black ops, the maps feel too ‘corridoory’ as in many of my kills have been: run around corner, see enemy, both people shoot until dead, repeat. they need to be more open

lol… from the sound of it, you need to embrace my style :stuck_out_tongue:

neeeevaaar! lol nah im yet to play some snd but it just isnt practical with respect to framerate atm so we’ll see

NO FREAKING MARTY PEOPLE!!!

treyarch know its for gaylords, though gaymores have a huuuuuge spread and they have no tick then boom, just a boom so you can’t avoid them, and last stand is still gay.

Well ordered my copy. Will be gaming by next weekend hopefully.

Where did you order it from?

map sizes are definitely the biggest in a COD game and well structured. No Bc2 but far more enjoyable the COD 4

Just ordered my copy from www.ozgameshop.com, so should be gaming in about a week.

yeh same as Blade Nip. About $60 seems to be the cheapest, unless you go to the cd key websites. There’s no date yet for an indian release, so nothin on ebay as yet. From peoples talk the gameplay itself sounds good, and issues are getting fixed, so that was enough for me.

cod4 maps are my favourite, these maps aren’t designed with SnD in mind, Crash, Vacant, Strike, Overgrown, City Streets were great on all modes

That’ll most likely be my place of purchase too then. I’ll hold off a bit longer though, had to buy a plunge router today, I’m going to make myself wait until I’ve regathered those funds.

+1