Big Slip

john sent me this an email and i found it on youtube :stuck_out_tongue: its the big slip slide down so you actually can see it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlOl1RL3PSI[/ame]

lol I watched it a half dozen times. Just donā€™t think Iā€™d be man enough to do that jump into that sized pool! Something bigger and itā€™d be unreal fun, but a kiddies pool?! All I can envision is pulverised legs/arms/spine :bored:

no way!!!

ā€¦wow, that was friggin awesome

got to be bullshit

I canā€™t see the youtube vid, but the emailed one was decently high res, couldnā€™t see anythin to say it was fake. And Iā€™ve got no doubt some ppl are that crazy.

Iā€™d love to know if there was any testing involved, or whether they just prayed their maths were correct.

Think some hunting whether this is real or fake may be required tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

i think the sound as he slides it to promident

Ultra is right. The sound of him sliding down the ramp is far to loud for it to be recorded from that perspective and position, same goes for the splash.

Also, itā€™s very convenient how the slide disappears out of view before the ramp. He isnā€™t carrying anywhere near enough speed to jump that distance, and a simple bucket of water isnā€™t going to provide nearly enough lubrication, especially on the uphill ramp.

I would say that they slid the bloke down the yellow ramp, he would of stopped down the bottom, then some talented person on a pc made it look like he flew through the air, where they already have the person in the pool so it looks like he really flew that distance and landed in the pool.

Hitting the water at that speed (followed by the side of the pool) would be like hitting a brick wall. It hurts enough diving from the side of the pool and hitting your head on the bottom, that would near kill you imo.

Surely from an physics pov (cā€™mon you engineers), that there are way too many variables to calculate to get him to land in such a tiny pool, even the way he has his body in the air would create air resistance which would be hard to calculate as they didnā€™t know what his body would do once in the air.

i think its real

LOL @ that response.

Sometimes I wish I could more care free in how I think, or more realistically, over think things.

i just wanted to be different :tongue2:

haha, based on my response, Iā€™d say that I am the one who is different.

I was merely having a go at myself for being so pedantic.

mmm a wetsuit sliding down would make some noise

Yes it would, but unless they have a mic mounted on the guy, it wouldnā€™t surely sound that loud.

Have you ever noticed that wearing a wetsuit down a water slide actually grips far more than going down just wearing boardies? (hence the added noise from the added restriction). I have, and that is with a waterslide that is constantly feeding water down it, not just a bucket of water, and no uphill sections where the water wouldnā€™t be able to reach.

its very well done but so is this. If you beleive the Big Slide you must beleive this guys can actually catch a laptop in his butt

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6-HyT9gZXI[/ame]

lol of course its bullshit ā€¦ well done ā€¦ but bulshit

reasons:
1 sound - as he hits the water ā€¦ it sounds like a rock thrown in ā€¦ not an 80 odd kg bloke landing in 3ā€™ of it.

2 Pool - it couldnt be solid ā€¦ as that would be instant death if innacurateā€¦ and that trajectory would see you still hit the wall ā€¦ so broken bones/death once more. So being flexible/inflatable ā€¦ an object that size hitting it at that speed ā€¦ you would assume it would move somewhat.

3 Slide - if it was on a prepped surface( leveled/ smooth etc) you might hit the ramp where you had to ā€¦ but on the grass with a few rocks to rub over etc just laid on a ā€œgood bit of hillā€ ā€¦ i doubt youd be nice and square hitting the launch ā€¦ youd prolly miss it by a mile lol.

Nicely done ā€¦ but about as real as WoW.

lol chilli.

looks like those blokes must focus on that region a fair bit lolā€¦ many a night in rehersal getting the cheeks strength up lol

fake

Well at least he looks like hes enjoying it :huh:

the black guy helps him train :shades: