BF2 Widescreen Fixer

Hi guys,

I have attached a little program for those who have widescreen monitors.

Basically because of the wide screen youll find that your screen wont fit perfectly, even AFTER adding the resolution to your game short cut.

All the instructions are attached within the file I have attached to this post.
Extract the files to a location

1. Start Widescreen Fixer .exe
  2. Select the game you’ll be running.
  3. Select the aspect ratio of your monitor (the lower the better, mines on 1)
  4. Start the specific game.
  5. Use ; to enable or disable.

Dont forget to add this to your Short Cut:

“C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe” +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 [COLOR=red]+widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050[/COLOR]

(Obviously replacing my resolution values with your own).

If you have a BF2 Pro Ladder shortcut, you can do it to this one also.
If you have any probs feel free to contact me.

File Read Me:

Widescreen Fixer v1.32

Games currently supported:
Battlefield 2 v1.40
Battlefield 2 v1.41
Battlefield 2142 v1.10
Battlefield 2142 v1.20
Battlefield 2142 v1.25
Battlefield 2142 v1.40 Beta 3
BioShock v1.0

Usage:
For Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, edit the shortcut and add:
+widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200 (or whichever widescreen resolution you use)

1. Start Widescreen Fixer
  2. Select the game you’ll be running.
  3. Select the aspect ratio of your monitor.
  4. Start the specific game.
  5. Use ; to enable or disable.

Notes:
You can start this application at any time, whether a game is running or not.
The update rate slider is in milliseconds. The lower the setting, the faster it
updates, and the less noticeable the zoom update will be. I’ve been testing 1ms
with this release and it seems to work great.

I didnt run any program, I just added to widescreen bit to my shortcut and it worked a treat. Look friggen smick now…Cheers

Im pretty sure you need to have it running chilli…lol. Mine didnt work when i wasnt running it.

Here are some screenshots of the difference:

With the widescreen OFF:

With the widescreen ON:

If you still cant pic the difference, get glasses.

Notice on the OFF screenshot, the bush on the left is cutting the screen, and the tree on the right is cutting the screen.

On the ON screenshot, you can see the difference, it rescales your screen. Not only does it give you just that little bit more viewing distance, but because of the correct ratio it kinda speeds up your game play because the old resolution wasnt connect, making it distorted.

You’ll notice the difference once you run it.

Interesting effect though. If you take the m16 (standard assault gun) and zoom in then hit the ; button when its running you end up with 3 different perspectives.

first i need a wide screen >< maybe next pay 22" OR 24"

Yeah it conflicts slightly, sometimes if you do it in zoomed mode it kinda takes you further back from where you are.

I wouldnt recommend turning it on/off in zoomed mode, it stuffs it up.

can’t see screens shots

cant see the pic too… pls email me at razo.com@gmail.com

…how can you not see the pictures. They’re hosted on here on the forums.

See attached to this post.

wierd, After running it im not sure if I like it or not. My eye sight is bad enough and this gives you greater screen perspective but you loses distance…

Actually,everyone desires to be standing out from others, here, our discount handbagsand MBT Shoes will make your dream come true,which will also help you show your charm ,the louboutin shoes and discount [url=http://www.christianlouboutinmy.com/christian-louboutin-anemone-stiletto-pumps-black-p-67.html]MBT Shoesdesigned by [url=http://www.bootsluxury.com/]christian louboutinwilladd your mature personality,that is not far to be satisfied, we are proud to recommend to you louis vuitton handbags and [url=http://www.handbagcom.com/discount-designer-handbags-brown-p-771.html]designer handbags will make you obsession again,well,[url=http://www.christianlouboutinmy.com/]replica handbagsbelongs to handbags,we have a guarantee on top quality and reasonable price,ugg classic talland UGG Classic Short with Ultra-wide size,ugg boots with ultra-low prices, which is a super good opportunity for you to make up your mind,you couldn’t miss it,just Come for shopping!