An OE Lan anyone?

the lanning forums have been a bit of action recently and I’d like to suggest to the Co and other adminss that maybe think about holding a team Lan at some point… i know some of the guys are in school/ uni and can’t afford to travel too far but we do have a core group in places that it would make easy to get others to the event i only see Cabby, Razo, Patty, Headcase and the tassie crew having the most trouble getting to the event.

Ideas thoughts … comments…

Where: Personally the best place that is most central would be mid west/ northern NSW say Cobar/ Nyngan, Dubbo/ Parks/ Forbes area

Equipment: I also have 1 x 24port Gige Switch access to at least 2 more, a DHCP server, enough cabling to get everyone plugged in, a spare gaming notebook and access to power related hardware too ie power boards.

transporting a pc isn’t that hard… I’ve done mine to wagga 3 times and between sydney and adelaide 3 times aswell. but yah note books FTW as for transporting…

Cost/ acommendation: to book a place to stay in aswell ie motel with a confernce room and a BBQ would be around $150 - 180 each including food if we get more then 30 people would have to do costings but I think that is what B2Z guys paid for their lans per person.

we would need at least 30 people to make this viable and under $250 per person

feele free to add a comment and any sugestions…

laptops ftw…

i’d come though, would contemplate bringing my pc though… laptop would just be easier. unless i took holidays then and roadtripped up there.

I’d be worried that the baggage handlers would destroy my pc, sorry. I’m not really into Lans that much either, not when everyone has ts and xfire.

if i had a decent lappy i would go…transporting cosmos s is fail :frowning: unless its local and i can drive

Yeah, I’m not much into Lans either. That and travel etc.

i love lans but being in south western WA it may be a problem haha and would cost a few grand

sorry was anaware of your location and didn’t have you on the list of kinda too far… like heady

i think it would be too hard for everyone to catch up and LAN… catching up somewhere in the likes of melbourne or somewhere for a pub session might be easier to meet and greet everyone.

sounds good pugs but my money wouldnt go that far

im sure if there was enough interest from each state ppl could car ppol if ya know wat i mean. like a got a station wagon n can fit 5 pcs in it. no bags tho lol. but say if there were 2 cars for 7-8 guys from vic for example id b happy to drive. as long as it was ova a long w/e or summer hols. i only get 4 weeks off each yeah ova summer.

It cant be this year thou… im flat out at work and stuff at home… Dont mind taveling thou… Wouldnt mind a weekend in melbourne or old with some OE ppl too! :slight_smile: helps raise troop morale! lol… oh and i get a chance to kick cabby in the ass! oh my that will be fun haha

Tassie/vic people:
rav, step, nipper

Sydney:
Soprano

South east QLD:
Chilli, Woven, Drop, Tim, Me

Somewhere between SE and Cabby:
patty

Townsville:
Cabby

non east coast:
Pugs, Screech, Head

Based on this, i reckon somewhere between brissy and coffs harbor seems to be the most fair option, given the distrubtion of members

LOL Dragon,

I’m nothing like between the SE Corner and Cabby :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m basically directly west of Brisbane, which isn’t between Brisbane and Townsville last I checked the map :stuck_out_tongue:

Well excuse me for not knowing where a place noones heard of is

Haha, I’ve heard of it actually so :tongue2:

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=gray]It’ll have to be during Uni holidays well, and I know everyone seems to have different weeks. I know I do because I do long distance uni. And some people have rather pain in the ass cases to lug around like me with my cosmos s, ravage with his antec 1200 with quad sli and dragons HAF. So could this be a better idea. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=gray][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=gray]We go somewhere in north NSW, find a place with a decent LAN café and book it if possible. And as far as leeching goes people can bring lappies and external HDD’s to store their…pr0n on. I’d loooooove to go but I’ve only got my full tower and don’t have a decent enough laptop at home to borrow to play COD4 :’(.[/COLOR][/FONT]

cab thats a good idea, plenty of lan cafes over there on the mainland isn’t there?

Even lonnie has a lan cafe for 20 or so people… I think the ideal location would be Melbourne. Preferably around March 28 Weekend. That way we could all go watch the footy as well >.>

lol you only wanna go to melbourne cus it costs less for you to travel:P

Yeah, good idea, we can go to the dome. I’ll probably be in melbourne around that time anyway for the gran prix.