Admin Meeting June 1st

We skipped out on the last one so about time we did this again, even if it’s a quick one?

Atm all I can think of is site and TS discussion. Anythin else?

Also think a quick review re: which GA ladder squad the Delta guys are signed up for. I know a few didn’t mind being oscar, but then I wanted to double check with all admins who we think would be best as backups for either team.

With a spate of trialers not passing and members being removed … i think a change in passwords would be a good thing too.ts change and scrim servers to something simple … o3train or something

just a heads up to say ill see (hear) you all then :slight_smile:

Should be on - Ill be at my olds place, but ill take my laptop.

ABSENT:sweat:

yeh should be on if i’m home in time

have Basketball training, might be on after 9pm

9pm qld time again i assume ?

Would reckon so.

sounds good will be after the delta match at 8 :slight_smile:

Turns out I’m going out for dinner tonight, and won’t be home till around 10 or later, so therefore can’t make it sorry (unless you’re all still on around 10)

If nothing else, can someone please make a list re: delta backups for Oscar & Charlie and post it in the CoD4 admin section :slight_smile:

Oh, and re: TS password, recommend we just change it to - O3T5 or OETS (Think you said something similar the other night Az? which is probs where I got the idea from :p). Possibly wouldn’t hurt to change our standard war server passwords to something a little different now either, given that we’ve had a few members leave/dumped recently.

Oh, another thing, can someone please update one of the public channels description in TS to have the new forums link on it :slight_smile: (if it hasn’t been done already?)

TS updated … and Charlie codec updated to speex 16.3

Meeting notes:

Website - any news? Going to sort out the current one or start on a new template? Tim & Dragon

OE details on GA etc. (for oscar and BF2) need updating from “.com” to “.net”

TS - Do we want our own? Soprano has a server completely set up for OE (channels/descriptions sorted) if we want. Do our ties with BGN need to be considered before a move.
Vent - currently testing 16.3 codec to see if it’s good enough. Talk of BGN possibly getting vent. Some admin willing to donate to the cause if it moves ahead.

Oscar squad -
Patty to possibly move to Charlie? Have to consider oscar numbers
Will the restart of BF2 affect oscar numbers greatly? Are they likely to clash?

Admins need to keep track of players for matches while vWars is down.
For upcoming matches create a poll to see who is available and what not.

Nightfall hasn’t met the standards of administrator and his permissions and captain status will be removed in the coming days.

haha

good was wondering when that was happening, i’ll get dragon to re-do his forum permissions

LOL

Got a problem with it? Intrigued to hear why it’s so funny.

Indeed. The initial idea of the teams wasn’t to keep people locked in 1, it was to allow people to choose what level of dedication they wanted to take their gaming. If Patty wants in on the higher end of the ladder I can’t see why not.

With Patty in Charlie we’d probably manage all the time without delta backup (similarly charlie almost never have to back em up either). The trickier part is whether Oscar would still manage without him - with BF2 picking up can the players be relied on for numbers, or are a few more recruits required before Patty makes the switch (if he decides to). With Charlie managing on their own feet, the last option would be for delta to drop out and join the oscar ranks as backup.

Also a new match organiser would be needed (someone with captain status on oscar). One option was a delta captain (sop or nightfall) to drop from charlie and look after oscar. Alternatively Tim, caboose or rav if he’s around could handle it.