About ****ing time

EA Confirms Battlefield 3 Development

Criterion Games also developing next Need for Speed.

by Jim Reilly

US, June 10, 2009 - EA’s chief operating officer John Pleasants made some rather surprise announcements at the William Blair Growth Stock Conference taking place in Chicago this week. One of which was the confirmation of Battlefield 3.

“I’ve had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE in Sweden and was highly impressed by the way the team is working on that product,” Pleasants said. “Of course, that’s not [coming out] in the fiscal year, but that is a product that is looking very good.”

Oh sure, we all knew Battlefield 3 was coming eventually, but at least we know it’s actually being made and has some sort of release window.

As for the other announcement, Criterion Games, the famed developer behind the Burnout series, will indeed be making the next Need for Speed title.

“We’ve taken the Burnout team and combined it with our Need For Speed franchise,” added Pleasants. “So we now have that in our favor because that Burnout team is probably one of the more online-centric and notably high-quality game developers that we have out at Criterion.”

No other information was revealed about either game, but seeing as how these are the first details we’ve officially heard, I expect we’ll be hearing from EA shortly.

OMFG… this may be out by the time I retire… or laying on my deathbed with mouse in hand :rolleyes2:

omg omg OMG OMG- oh shit, whose got tissues?

:dry:

Trust me, it isnt an issue.

Are you sure this isn’t a hoax, Battlefield 3 is starting to look like the new Duke Nukem.

hardly…this is the first time EA have confirmed it, rest are all rumours

I think EA are just playing you now, just kidding. I would buy this if it came out, if it was good.

heh … its the real deal … and will come out the same time as duke nukem … so the world wins !

lol

rofl

nah he said not this fiscal year so that means 3 years in EA terms